Register now to get rid of these ads!

348 6x2 ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Louie S., Oct 12, 2013.

1. Louie S.

Louie S.

I am building a 348 with a 6x2 set up and a mag for this sixties show rod model a coupe I am building. My question is which intake is better, the Weind drag star, the Offy, or the Edelbrock. I have found all three versions reasonably priced, looking for the best performance, and also the tallest one of the three. I think from the pics they are all pretty much the same height, so the later is kind of a mute point. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Jmountainjr

Jmountainjr
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not enough information to really answer your question. "best performance" - under what conditions? Street, strip, etc? How do you plan to run the carbs - all 6; some blocked; progressive; straight up? Some manifolds have better distribution and different sized balance tubes than others. The Drag Star is a great strip manifold, but not always a good mannered street manifold. You can sometimes change how a manifold behaves with carb spacers.

3. If it is a show rod you will get better response with the weiand drag star.

4. zeuglodon

zeuglodon

I have a Drag Star and am planning to set it up to run on the 4 corner carbs.

The middles will be dummies. I think a little tweaking will have this running great.