Register now to get rid of these ads!

346 caddy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scharleyride, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Have a chance to buy a 1937, 346 motor complete with starter and trans. I have looked but can't find any thing to help with the value. Any idea what it is worth?:rolleyes:

2. Depends on the condition. A core is probably worth about the same as a Ford flathead core. Perhaps the reason you can't find reliable pricing is because the folks who can afford to restore a Cadillac correctly often pay more for their cores, their parts, their help, etc. My planned build is with a '36 Cadillac V8/3-spd with 6,000 original miles.

1937 is the first year all the Cadillac V8s were 346 cid. 1936 was the first year for the monoblock. The earlier the motor, the more likely you'll have heat and oil flow issues. But if you ask me, none of them are bad motors.

3. thanks for the imfo

4. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

$500 tops. People will ask crazy prices sometimes, but $500 is all they are worth.

I've bought 14 of these in the last 2 years, so that is an accurate number.