Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 34 Vicky info - Please skool me

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by USMercUte, Sep 30, 2022.

1. USMercUte

USMercUte
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Over the years I have owned a 33 tudor sedan and two 34 five-windows so I'm pretty familiar with them. A friend of mine in Australia (not on the H.A.M.B.) has had a 34 Vicky for a very long time and is now in the process of a build. It is a very nice car however he is missing the door latches for both doors. My question is, are the latches the same as in the five window or three window coupes? I couldn't answer him so I hope someone on here can. And of course, he is interested if someone has any for sale. Thanks for any input, John

2. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

Only possible difference might be Standard or Deluxe, all vickys were deluxe cars. 33 and 34 are different

USMercUte likes this.
  3. Fordors

Fordors

I’m up in Northern Wisconsin right now but if anyone has the Ford 1928-1938 Trim and Small Parts Catalog the info might be found in there. Items that were no longer in stock in 1938 were omitted.
    If no one has that book I can check Monday when we get back home.

USMercUte likes this.
  4. alchemy

alchemy

The main body of the latches are the same for all closed passenger 34's. The long arm reaching to the middle of the door is probably shorter on a 5-window and fordor though. Easy to modify.

But, this is regarding US produced cars. Maybe Aussie cars had different (local made) latches?

Dave Mc, USMercUte and Algoma56 like this.