This isn't meant to be a guide into chopping a 34 more of a insight into how I re worked a already chopped 5 window. I wish I had taken more pictures but once I start working I forget about the camera. So about 20 years ago my mate Bob ( 3 day on the Hamb) bought a 34 coupe body at Pomona already chopped some time in the 60s. When he first got it I said nice but needs to be chopped some more, he in no uncertain terms told me this wasn't going to happen. He went on and built it into a stunning car that he then raced and drove all over the place including a couple of jaunts to Europe. Then a couple of years ago talk turned back to re chopping the roof and leaning back the A posts. We talked and looked and discussed various different ways of carrying out the chop Bob did a load of research and looked at numerous chopped 34 s until he decided we needed to take 1 and 3/4" more out. So finally at Christmas he asked if I was serious about chopping his car, to which I replied "you strip the glass interior and bare metal the roof get it to me and Ill get it done". The Coupe when Bob bought it 20 Years later How it arrived at my workshop, with Bobs half arsed attempt at bare metaling the roof So I started by melting the lead out of the roof. Id always wandered how the chop had been done, before the paint was stripped we looked for where the roof was stretched as the A posts didn't look leaned back. Also Bob had measured a stock 34 roof and found his roof was the same length. Back in the day when the roof was first chopped they had cut the B post straight down and then couped the roof up slightly moving the C post up and then re creating the rear corner of the window in lead. On the A pillars they had bent the top section out kinking the roof in the process and then hammered the lower section of pillar in, effectively shrinking it to fit. The whole lot was then smothered in lead. A bit crude but it worked and the lead work was superb. At the back the roof had been slit and then pulled in at the same time laid down slightly to account for the roof going forward. First up I marked out where I was going to cut. On the C posts I staggered my cuts so that the main section removed the previous weld. The sections on the window frame step up so that I cut through the straightest part, these will re align later on. I make all my marks by cutting a strip of steel to the desired amount then using this laid in place I mark my lines with a permanent black marker pen. The door frame got a bit more complicated, I had worked out in my mind where this needed to be cut then laid out my lines. You can see I also marked the A post at the same time. Now to the cutting. First off I removed both door frames. I use a combination of Hack saw Sawzall and thin cutting discs in a grinder, I just use what tool is suitable and easiest for each part.You can also see the B post is marked out ready. Next up I removed the outer sections from both the side and rear window frames. Also cut both upper marks on the A post and lower marks on the B post. Then I cut through the lower marks on the rear corners and lifted the roof off. These are the sections from the C post you can see where the roof had been overlapped on the pillar when they moved the roof forward in the previous chop. With the roof removed I cut free the top of each B pillar. These were then clamped in a vice and the 1 3/4" section was removed. Then checking the cuts were all square and the pillar sat straight I tacked these back in place. I then put the roof back on, sliding the uncut upper into the rear lower section with the centre of the roof sitting back on the tops of the previously cut B post.