Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 34 Ford Truck windshield same as a Model A?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mantuajohn, Nov 11, 2018.

1. John Tumolo

John Tumolo

Need a windshield for my 34 Ford Pickup and was told a Model A Sedan/Pickup windshield is the same after you remove the flange on the bottom. Any Hamber tried this one? Thanks, Mantuajohn

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. It's the same

3. John Tumolo

John Tumolo

4. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

That's interesting, I would have never guessed that they were anywhere close. Makes sense when you consider that Ford used as many parts as he had around when they changed something, might as well carry parts over as long as possible. Do some measuring before you buy 28-29 won't interchange with 30-31, probably used 30-31 on the later models.

5. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

I have a Model A in my 33 PU cab. I reused the 33 body side hinge half because the Model A had a funny bump in it.
    I think the 30-31 has the correct slide arm mounts for a 32-34 truck....but you'd need to check alignment once its in place. When you remove the back skirt, don't just remove the whole spot welded on piece. You will need to leave the small flange that holds the gasket in location.

6. I had a local glass shop cut and install mine , It's flat so should not be a problem. Good luck

7. walter

walter

Learn something new every day!!

Texas Webb likes this.
  8. I was under the assumtion that 28-29 were the same as 30-31 with the exception of the slide bar bracket which were located differently and minor differences with the 33-34 pickup.

9. John Tumolo

John Tumolo

Saw Pickups listed as 45 3/8 wide at top. 44 1/2 wide at bottom, 16 tall on end, and 13 7/8 in center.