Register now to get rid of these ads!

34 ford truck cab wood hardware question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mat Thrasher, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

Does anyone know where I can buy,either a hardware kit or the carriage bolts for the cab wood. I found a kit for model a but nothing for 32-34. I'm not putting wood back in the truck so I don't need a wood kit just the bolts. I would just use hardware carriage bolts but the heads are quite a bit smaller. Also I don't want to just fill the holes. I like the exposed bolts.
    Thanks Mat

2. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

I just did a search and came up with a company called wood art .Bob Drake Is one of their sellers.Contact them .If not make a card board template of the back of your cab .I only have the back stiffener myself .I could tell you the thickness and length .

3. jetmek

jetmek

maybe try the rear fender studs for model a's they are 5/16-18 but not long enough to use with the wood kit p/n a16190

4. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

Thanks but the bolt's are 1/4-20. Do you have any other ideas?

5. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Home depot or lowes ............They are carriage bolts .The wood is hollowed out a little.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  6. EV34

EV34

on the 34 i built i just went to lowes got some stainless carriage bolts ground the castings off and polished em till they shined.... looked great

7. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I got the right bolts from Macks Products in Missouri. They make the authentic pu beds. They have lots of misc pu parts. I found them on their on line catalog.

8. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

Thanks krylon32, that's exactly what I was looking for. In case anybody else is looking they're under the ford misc. section.

9. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

Macs or Dennis Carpenter. And your are right, there is quite a bit of difference. Half the battle is getting the interior nut off with out totally screwing up the wood strip.

10. fleetside66

fleetside66

If you booger up the wood, it really isn't very hard to make some new stuff. Then you can cover up the inside nuts with Buffalo nickels.
    [​IMG]