Register now to get rid of these ads!

34 ford PU seat?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flip, Mar 27, 2013.

1. flip

flip

Looking for ideas on a seat for 34 PU with stock cab. Does not currently have a seat or seat pan. Was considering a bench seat but am looking for ideas. Truck is old school theme. Full fender, no chop, flathead.
    Much thanks in advance

2. I used one from a Ford Ranger from the mid 80's, I just sectioned 4 inches out of the centre and cut some from the front corners so to follow the shape of the cab, works great. I just used the same thing on my 40 Ford Pickup.

3. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Some plywood, foam and upholstery (preferably fruity upholstery ala Hotrodprimer.....I love his upholstery! :)) will make easy work for a seat. These are basic slabs, nothing fancy about them....unless you WANT to get fancy, that is.

4. I used a Ranger seat also. I narrowed mine 7" and had it upholstered. It fits great and sits just right. My truck is chopped 3" and I am over 6' tall.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

I'm using a 34 coupe seat pattern. The back and side plywood will have to be scaled down to fit the smallness of the cab compared to a coupe. However the bottom fits excellent. I was going to go for the coupe seat look but it may vary a bit since I will need to trim.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

6. Rat.Racer

Rat.Racer
    from Maryland

plywood, cushion, blanket...

7. flip

flip

Thanks guys, the Ranger seat looks like a good option. I did a similar install with an S-10 seat for the back of my sedan. Is the Ranger seat a better option than an S10 or would either work OK? Thanks for the ideas.

8. The ranger was the only one I could find in the junk yard that tilted forward and had sliders that were easy to adapt to.

9. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

I used a jump seat from a Dodge Caravan.

10. wutnxt

wutnxt

I also used the Chrysler minivan 2nd row seat. You have to cut some brackets off the bottom. The seat doesn't tilt so I hinged mine in the front. Now the whole thing tilts forward and I built a storage compartment underneath. It holds tools, jack, papers jacket etc. Since my cab is channeled and I have long legs, I made simple mods to the back to hold 3/4 plywood insert and 1" foam to get the needed legroom. All covered with n.o.s. Monkey Wards vintage seat cover. No narrowing required. One other plus is that the center seat belt bracket bolts to the seat frame itself.

Attached Files:

11. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a photo of the Ranger seat frame after I had narrowed it. I also have a photo of the seat foam after I narrowed it. I used one of those electric carving knives to cut the foam. It worked like a champ! I used 3M foam adhesive to glue the foam back together.