Register now to get rid of these ads!

'34 Ford pickup headlight bar ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by andysdeuce, Feb 13, 2007.

1. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

I have a buddy thay has a '34 Ford pickup and needs a new headlight bar. I have always been told that a '32 bar would fit...it does'nt. I had a '32 bar and we tried it. It does'nt have enough of a bow to clear the radiator. The fenders and radiator are also in the stock locations. We have contacted several dealers and talked to many friends and have'nt had much luck finding a dealer that has a specific headlight bar for this year pickup. Can any of you fellers out there point us in the right direction to find a bar that will fit his pickup???

2. TV

TV

I can tell ya that you can't even find one for a 32 pu. I had to buy a dropped 32 car bar and modify it to fit. Thats what I would suggest you do for the 34. I bought Stainless and it works good, when done just polish it, or paint.--TV

3. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

there is one on e bay today. 33 34

4. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

Remove the fenders and you won't need one.

32 headlight bars are one year only but 32 pickup and 32 passenger are the SAME. Typically they are not easy install. Loosen all fender brace mounting bolts to align holes with long tapered punch..

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

I had a 33-34 Pickup Headlight bar years ago, way different than a '32. They bend up and forward, and the bolt holes are oval, bolts have a bend in them. Grab the one on eBay if it looks good, using proper parts will save you time & headaches. :)

6. Yea, what The37Kid said. Happy hunting!

7. Richard Head

Richard Head

My dad used a stainless '32 bar on his '34 pickup. He cut the center bar inside the headlight mounts and pivoted it enough to clear the grille. It looks really nice.

Dave

8. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Try and find a set of those wiggly looking front fender braces for the 33-34 trucks too!

9. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess there is'nt enough demand for anyone to repop these light bars. We don't do ebay but thanks for the heads up. (a lot of guys there don't know what they have either)
    He will probably have his old one rechromed or maybe just paint it. Powder coat might work. We thought maybe someone repopped them and we were just being stupid again!!!:eek: :D

10. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Re-popping this old thread. I am wondering if there is any new info out there now. Does anyone know if the Drake/Vintique dropped '32 car & pickup bar will fit a '34 pickup? The vendors don't know.

Also, does the bar on my pickup currently look like a '32 car one? Thanks.
    009.JPG

11. Yes it does.
    Edit; I meant that the bar on your truck appears to be a 32 passenger bar.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    Hotrodmyk likes this.
  12. I'd call Bob Drake and ask them. The last time I called, Bob answered the phone and answered my question.

pprather

13. OLDTINPUSHER

OLDTINPUSHER

Reading this thread reminded me I have a couple 33/34 pick up bars. Brought them to swap meets for a while, but no one was interested in them LOL. Now it seems they are in demand.!

14. perrytudor32

perrytudor32
    from uk

ive got a spare pair of fender braces,the wiggly ones,left over from my 34 truck build.

15. The truck grill shell is shaped different then the car grill shell, a deuce truck light bar should fit but no reason to mic and match '34 light bars are not that hard to find.