Register now to get rid of these ads!

'34 Ford Dearborn Blue paint formula

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by Rick Goddard, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Rick Goddard

Rick Goddard

I need to repair paint issues on my lacquer painted Dearborn Blue '34. I need the paint formula / toner ratios for lacquer. I'm in Massachusetts and therefore also need an out of state source for the paint. Can anyone help? If my blue isn't a true Dearborn Blue, I'll need to shot the whole car and there for could use the acrylic urethane formula. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. no way you are getting lacquer paint for an automobile anymore. its been gone from production since the 90s. i doubt if anyones color retrieval system would even show a formula that old. besides lacquer is garbage compared to whats available today. if you need to go single stage, use a urethane enamel with a hardener.

3. Rick Goddard

Rick Goddard

The paint repair areas are small with no shadow lines near by so I need to blend the new paint and I'm told that requires lacquer over lacquer. I don't want to paint the whole car. Is lacquer illegal in all states now?

4. I don't know if it is so much illegal as it has been replaced by better quality durable products that outperform it. Cost to produce something that no one else wants generally leads to it disappearing. Kind of like the Neilson TV ratings, low ratings = show cancellation due to lack of advertising money.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Rick Goddard

Rick Goddard

Does anyone have the acrylic urethane formula for Dearborn Blue? I may have to paint the whole car. I have reservation about the accuracy of my paint color and therefore would prefer not to rely on a scan.

6. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa