Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 34 Ford coupe nicknamed "Blown Income"

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by GTO_MUSCLE_SS, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So it sounds like a dysfunctional family its mine no its not power squabble with an inheritance...My apologies for only seeing a watered down form of f'd up mess of interactions story...I wish you a major bout of good luck in sorting this mess out and due to all the lies perhaps you do stand a chance...Good luck GTO

loudbang and Al T like this.
  2. GTO_MUSCLE_SS

GTO_MUSCLE_SS

Thank you. Sorry to be snappy. But I put so much into it and it hasn’t been a good last 7 days

Hombre, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  3. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

Dude, this is a shit deal all around. I can't believe how quickly things get twisted on the internet and through the media. The fact that the dash, windows, door poppers, and deceased owner on registration don't add up is largely in your favor, and so is your documented build thread. You've probably already done this, but I would get a lawyer and pursue legal action immediately. Gather all receipts, get the dude you bought the car from involved, get it all documented, etc. You'll win this fight. Don't give up.

4. GTO_MUSCLE_SS

GTO_MUSCLE_SS

I have 2 lawyers ready to go when I need. The guy I bought it from is involved and working on things. I have all receipts and parts categorized plus a entire build album on here and on Facebook. But here was a pic last monday
    9D0E7945-81EA-4DD6-BCFD-A67A9F41DB06.jpeg 57AB486C-D234-4FCD-B4D6-164E9C771752.jpeg DF584C98-40D9-4E4E-838D-193EE96340CA.jpeg CC001744-4BD7-4FC7-9544-32F212C549D6.jpeg A689CC83-43E6-4014-9568-894FE6FA129E.jpeg 198D2B9C-B91D-4BF4-A7E6-E1DC873C459F.jpeg 289AE876-EF8E-4908-BAF9-41D4266415B1.jpeg

5. No need to apologize. I can imagine! I’m hoping this ends well for you........ and looking at the photos you just posted....... maybe your vision wasn’t so bad after all.
    Good luck.

6. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Illinois

loudbang likes this.
  7. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fingers crossed and locked and even sounds like there is support and I'll leave it at that...

loudbang likes this.
  8. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

It will all work out. The Twin Blue's are bitchin'. I see you found a 160mph speedometer. Nice job!

Who knows what that other dude's story is for sure, but it's good of you to be prepared for the worst.

loudbang likes this.
  9. catdad49

catdad49

Good Luck GTO! Keep us posted, if you can.

loudbang likes this.
  10. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Glad things are looking up for you. Good to hear you have an attorney secured.
    Seems odd that you couldn't transfer title in WA w/o the car being together? Perhaps as a non op?

The 34 looks bad ass!

loudbang likes this.
  11. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

Nailhead A-V8 and loudbang like this.
  12. 34Larry

34Larry

As a fellow Washington boy and 34 owner who supposedly "really messed up" , (NOT!!!), an icon of the so cherished bygone years I know how maddening it can be and will continue on no matter what you say back . Just as and aside, I made my hi-boy from what was in the way distant past the
    " Northern Star" quite unintentionally. The traditional crowd will never forgive me for that holy transgression even though I had no idea it was the former " Northern Star". And I could give a shit. I'm with you 100% in your building it your way and a finer job of doing so would not come out of a Pete and Jake shop or any other shop in the world!! I know you will prevail, because your right in every way on this mother of a F'd up mess.

loudbang and ss34coupe like this.
  13. metalman

metalman

Wow. I can see this. 2 brothers fighting over a car, one takes and hides it, the other reports it stolen, probably got over it but there it is on the record and of course no one to recant since one is dead. But now it's "found" the remaining brother thinks he's won the lottery. What a mess. Best of luck getting it sorted out.
    FWIW, yeah, pretty cool old hot rod with the Olds, ect but I'd done it just like you did. You made it a cooler, better hot rod, nothing wrong with that in my book. If it was a famous car/ builder that might be different but it's not.

loudbang likes this.
  14. If the guy in CA has a title in his name that matches your VIN, that's one thing. But if he doesn't, then who's to say who it belongs to? It would just be his word.

loudbang likes this.
  15. gmanrides

gmanrides
    from TN

Unstinkable believeable! Hope it works out for you! Really enjoyed the thread.

loudbang likes this.
  16. 3blapcam

3blapcam

That's a great point! Any idea if there's a loose title out there? It sounds like you have the paperwork, right?!

I think the car is awesome and I wish you the best of luck on getting it back!!!

3blap.

loudbang likes this.
  17. GTO_MUSCLE_SS

GTO_MUSCLE_SS

So I spoke with the guy I bought it from. And he spoke with the people he got it from last night. They assured him the car was their grandparents and had been in the family over 40 years and 35 in storage. They are supposed to get ahold of me. As for the state patrol they told me today I have more information then they do so that’s good. And they told me he still has 0 proof of ownership. He has received my calls but says it’s not a good time to call back. So at this point I am knocking on wood and hoping the car gods give me a break. I just want to drive the car. Thanks guys

kiwijeff, jalopykid, LSGUN and 12 others like this.
  18. Mart

Mart

Good luck with it.

loudbang likes this.
  19. 3blapcam

3blapcam

Not to throw gas on this fire, but if you lost the car... it literally would've been completely blown income.

3blap.

redzula, rpm56, LSGUN and 4 others like this.
  20. GTO_MUSCLE_SS

GTO_MUSCLE_SS

I kind of hate you for that. But also that’s pretty damn good. Is there a way to high five but accidentally slip off the hand and slap you as well? Hahaha

21. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

. :D

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  22. Stooge

Stooge

Good luck with whatever happens next, and im really hoping you get to keep it. I can appreciate what it was when you found it, but I really love the look of it now, and everything you've done and what you've changed on it just really makes it! I just hope you get to enjoy it

Stogy likes this.
  23. 3blapcam

3blapcam

I wouldn't blame you. I should've used at least a little smiley emoticon!

I think you've got a dog in this hunt and I'm pulling for ya! Unfortunately, it's gonna take more money (attorneys) to get the car back.

3blap.

Thor1, Hombre, loudbang and 1 other person like this.
  24. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

What you've turned the car into is a super cool '60s Hot Rod. It looks as though this may all work out in your favor, and I sure hope that is the case!

25. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I was thinking the same thing! Hope all ends well with this f'd up mess.

Hombre and loudbang like this.
  26. -Brent-

-Brent-

Wow.

Hopefully those people can give written statements and that it doesn't get dragged out for too long.

I remember when I was a naive, young man. I thought older folks were all honest and wise. Then I worked in a pharmacy and I saw all these elderly people lying and attempting to cheat and steal, day after day. I was taken back and then embarrassed that I could be so foolish. I'll admit, at times like this, I still get a twinge of surprise that people who've lived so long still didn't learn that deceit gets them very little out of life, comparatively.

rpm56, Thor1, Hombre and 2 others like this.
  27. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Agreed

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  28. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am awaiting good news GTO, the car is cool as shit and detailed the way I like as well. As a fellow WA rez this puzzles me
    Is this something local in your county up north? I buy old cars constantly and title transfer is the first thing I do, haggerty is the second stop for course of construction insurance and then plate them when I'm ready to drive them. Those cars come out of CA, OR and WA mainly. Why did they make you wait to title? I've never had any inspection on any of them?

loudbang and Chucky like this.
  29. If you DO NOT have a title, you have to have the vehicle VIN inspected. It must be pretty much a complete car and have a visible VIN number. You take it to your State Patrol inspection building and they run it through their system and if it comes up clean, they put a new WA STATE DOT VIN tag on it. You must register it, pay tax on it and wait exactly three years. Once the three years is up, you take the registration in and get a title in your name. The three years is to see if anyone claims it stolen and can prove it is their property (they have the title).

I have gone this route a couple times, but I have never had to have a car re-inspected again. That part, I am not sure why they made him do that.

loudbang likes this.
  30. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Chris, this is what I missed. I haven't bought one without a title...and after reading this thread I don't plan on it anytime soon!

loudbang likes this.