Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 34 Ford coupe barn find

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by ss34coupe, Jul 16, 2012.

1. draider

draider
    from Texas

That thing makes my naughty bits tingle...

2. bluesman

bluesman
    from spring tx

Me and u both Chris I want a 3-window so bad

3. Linda570

Linda570
    from usa

That's awesome! Good for you![​IMG]

4. Uncle Jess

Uncle Jess
    from Western Ny

Geeze that's a dandy, congrats!

5. TA1000

TA1000
    from so cal

Dam thats a nice start!!!

6. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)The legend begins.:D Bill aka Tnomoldw

7. fremont rugrat

fremont rugrat

Wow, What a find. I found a 33 Studebaker in a barn, all original with 61K on the odometer, which I believe to be original miles. Cleaned the fuel tank, rebuilt carb and brakes. Fired right up and purred like a kitten. Sold it and it went to Canada somewhere. Must be some kind of pull for 33-34 cars, as mentioned before. LOL

Attached Files:

8. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Chris, with your ability to come up with good vintage tin, you will no doubt find a 34 3 window soon! Your family has a tremendous collection of old Fords that are the envy of the rest of us.

9. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

fremont rugrat - that 33 Studebaker was in tremendous condition! Wish my coupe had come out of the barn in that type of condition.

10. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Bolted on a few parts this weekend - the rear fenders, gas tank cover, inner front fenders, steering box and column, drag link, and dash. Next weekend I hope to get to the front fenders, running boards, hood and grille. Then I will take some more pics and post them - all in the original patina.

11. My son (oneilfab) told me about this thread today. WOW! and on Vancouver Island yet! Great score and I know you'll make it a winner! :D

12. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

13. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Back at it this weekend - hope to get the front sheet metal on. Then I will take some more pics and post them on the thread.

14. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Got the front fenders and running boards on. Still got to clean up the hood and grille and get them installed before I roll it out for some pics. Man it looks good as a complete car!

15. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Got most of the parts bolted on the car - fenders, running boards, dash etc. The only thing left is the hood and grill, and then this barn find will be all together as a roller and using the parts that came with the purchase. Will get the car out of the garage soon for some better photos, but here are a few pics to give you an idea of what the car looks like now.

Attached Files:

16. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)That is a fun way to do it. Just as I would do.:D

17. Oneilfab

Oneilfab

Awesome barn find! cant wait to see it driving, maybe this summer???

18. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

I wish I could be driving it by summer, but this project has to wait its turn. Got to get the 33 coupe and 53 convert done first. Still looking for a place with a bigger shop...they don't seem to come up very often in this area. Still following the progress of your roadster. Great job you are doing on that hemi-powered A!

19. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Only thing missing is a chair in the garage to sit in just to look at it. :)

20. slammedlead

slammedlead

Wow! Thats what you dream about! Beautiful 34!

21. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Yes, and sometimes I feel like doing just that!

22. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Thanks, I have been following your build of a 34 three window. You have done a tremendous job with your Cadillac-powered coupe!

23. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

This is a pic from the 60's. Although the pic shows a 33 three window, I like the style of that build and would follow it with my barn find coupe. The only question is whether to leave the old patina or go with new paint.

Attached Files:

24. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)Well ,the patina is nice for a while, but the old car needs a new outlook on life. Don't try to be different like everybody else. It's your car, do as you like with it ,:cool: My point is enjoy it don't rush into any changes. Get that chair in your shop and set and look at it.

25. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Hey, I did not get to work on the coupe this past weekend - went looking at vintage tin instead. Took my buddy Dale with me (he has a nice 27 Ford roadster with a flathead V8) and we checked out a couple of local tin sites. One of them belongs to a Hamber by the name of Budd - lots of old tin including a couple of Model A roadster pickups, a couple of Model A coupes - and a bunch of others - are sitting around an old machine shop from the 30's or 40's. Budd still keeps the machine shop in business with all the old machinery.

Hopefully it will be sunny this weekend and I can roll the coupe out for some pics.

Attached Files:

26. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

[​IMG]:eek::cool::D It don't need no stinkin chop top neither.

27. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

It don't need no stinkin chop top neither.[/QUOTE]

Hey nothing wrong with a chopped three window, but I think this barn find coupe will stay stock height.

28. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

What an awesome direction to take the car. That old car is perfect!