Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 34 Ford coupe barn find

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by ss34coupe, Jul 16, 2012.

1. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

The stare down....the old project and the new one....man, I need a bigger shop!

Attached Files:

2. There's worse things that could be taking up all your space

3. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

It's hard to believe that it has been one year since I came across this barn find.
    There is another thread going now asking what is the fascination with the barn find. For me, it was more about the car, because I like 34 Ford coupes. It did not matter to me that the coupe was in a barn, it could have been anywhere.
    Had it been another car in that barn, I would not have been interested. I will keep looking for 33-34 Ford coupes wherever they are stored - barns, garages, shops, storage facilities - all the same to me. That other thread got me thinking that it is more about the hunt, and a barn is just one possible location.
    So keep looking for your dream car, guys and gals, it is out there waiting for you!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  4. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Several guys are coming over the weekend of the Deuce Days event to check out the barn find coupe. Any other Hambers coming to Vancouver Island for Deuce Days are welcome to pm me to arrange a viewing time. Hope to see you here!

5. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Pulled the two coupes out of the garage on the weekend so some rodders coming to the area for the Deuce Days event could check them out. Here the coupes sit in the early morning sun awaiting the visitors.

Attached Files:

6. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Here is a group from the Prince George area of British Columbia looking over the coupes. Great bunch of people with some very nice cars!

Attached Files:

7. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

The Prince George group were led by Keith and Jeni - also known as PG409 on here - a great couple who do a lot to encourage the positive development of the collector car hobby. Thanks Keith and Jeni for bringing your group over, it was a lot of fun to meet all of you!

Attached Files:

8. pg409

pg409

Steve.....great meeting you too!! Thanks for hosting our little bunch for your great garage tour and visit. :)

9. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Keith - you are welcome! I was really impressed with the cars your group brought over - some amazing work was done there!

10. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

More pics of the Deuce Days rodders checking out the coupes. What a weekend of great cars and people!

Attached Files:

11. 1 KooL "MoFo"

1 KooL "MoFo"

Wow Great Find !! and great job on the build !!!!!

12. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Recent photo taken by my rodder buddy John. The coupe is sitting now while I get back to the 53 ford convertible project. Will update as time goes on.

Attached Files:

13. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

This 34 Ford coupe project is on hold while I am back working on the 53 Ford convertible custom. Looking for a flathead motor for the coupe now, and have a couple of possibilities - just a matter of convincing the owner to sell. This coupe has got to be flathead all the way!

14. hoodprop

hoodprop

I know where a unassembled clean 8BA block with mercury heads fenton headers fresh ground crank are hiding.

15. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

I have found a couple of suitable candidates locally but so far the owners don't want to sell. Got to keep looking....

16. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Just a brief update - may have found a nice flathead for the coupe, will know soon if it is available. The blue coupe has been sitting in the garage while I work away on the 53 Ford convertible project. Still have the problem of a lack of shop space, so have the chopped 34 coupe up for sale at the moment to clear a little room. If it sells, then I will get down to working on the barn find coupe - needless to say, I cannot wait!

17. $teamer

$teamer
    from barnsville

Oops I was just looking at a reply from Fordcpe and noticed his General Jumbos. Steve- your car came with them as well! But my 47 needed tires and I used them .When I sold them I got more for the wheels than I paid for the car! Does this nullify our deal? and do I have to give you your money back?? Maybe not cause the car wasn't shown with the wheels on LOL

18. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Keep the money, Dennis. It was money well spent as far as I am concerned. Thanks for your message about the article I wrote for Canadian Hot Rods magazine about the experience of buying this 34 three window coupe from you.
    Of course I went out and bought a couple of copies! I know how hard it was for you to let the coupe go, and I am just lucky that some of those guys that looked at it before I got there did not buy it. Still looking for a flathead motor for the coupe, maybe you would sell me those finned heads you have - that would be a start.

19. argond

argond

Dennis
    Check your PM.
    Rick

20. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

amazing car! awesome work man.

21. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Thanks Jared! How is your coupe coming along? We need updates!
    Steve

22. fordcpe

fordcpe

And do we have any pictures with the Jumbos on either cars would like to see them please.Darrell

23. $teamer

$teamer
    from barnsville

Sorry Darrell This was back in the seventy's and I haven't located any pics. The centers were chrome and each spoke was held by a single rivet as I recall. At the time I didn't think much of the hubcap as it was too detailed and of course I would have preferred a baldy type cap [But what did I know!!] I sold them to someone in Colwood [off Wishart Steve] and I think they had a 38 cabrulate [I wish they had spell-check] but thinking about it the bolt pattern was wrong [maybe they swapped brake drums] never saw them again-sorry

24. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Dennis - I like the wheels that are on the coupe now. Have a nice set of 16 by 5's set aside for the rear, and will use either 16 by 4's or 15 by 5's on the front.
    Will go with the old original hubcaps and rings that are on the car now - the dents in the hubcaps add to the patina. Thanks for the info on the Ardun motors that used to be in this area - now that would be the right motor for this coupe - but they are long gone so no point dreaming about it.

25. great find as i pm'd you Steve! its great seeing how many cars are still hiding on the island here and how many guys on this website are on the island here. Im in the saanich area myself building a 27 T coupe, and work in a custom/restoration shop in Sidney.

My two cents worth on keeping the patina on the coupe (we have a paint shop too) keep it as is, wax and grease remover the whole car, give it a quick (finer) scotch bright, final wipe it, tack it off as painting any car and clearcoat it. If done well it should keep it protected for at least 5 years or more, and if needed you could wet sand and polish any runs out, and will seal and protect it from our moisture levels here on the west coast :D enjoy and look forward to more updates on this build!

Charlie

26. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Hey Charlie good to see another Vancouver Islander on here - hope you can post a thread with photos of your T coupe build soon. Sounds like a great project!

27. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Thinking of going with a 49-53 8BA flathead for this coupe. Anybody put one of these in a 34 chassis and can tell me the pros and cons?

28. Nobey

Nobey

Is everybody on Vancouver Island a hot rodder? Sounds like a neat place to me.
    Richard......

29. I can't believe I just saw this thread. That is amazing!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!