Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 34 Ford Bonneville coupe-coulda been mine

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatjack, May 20, 2009.

1. flatjack

flatjack

Just got my Rodder's Journal and read the article about the 34 of Francisco's. The article talks about Al Egelseer owning it, but then Al sold it to a friend of mine - Larry Southard in Waupun, Wi. Larry had it for a few years and I think might have shown it at the Milwaukee World of Wheels. At that time it still had the face painted on the grille and had a nasty flathead with Harrell heads and 3 2's for carburetion. I drove it around the parking lot several times. Anyway Larry decided to sell it and offered it to me for I think $17,000 in 1997. Stupid me didn't buy it and he took it up to Back to the Fifties and sold it at the auction as stated in the article. Every tiime I think about it, I regret not buying it. Oh well.

2. Gerg

Gerg

i was opening this thread and saying to myself a bonneville coupe that would never happen in wisconsin .... especially when i used to live in waupun thats crazy

3. that coupe spent some time in Milwaukee, Wi. before Al owned it.

4. CheaterCarl

CheaterCarl

Joe the Pro (MIlwaukee) got that thing running for a dude who owned it for a time here in Milwaukee, the guys last name was Piotrowski, & his brothers name is Jack, I'll get some more info, That is the coupe that was at the WOW when the grill was painted.
    The Polock that owned it beat the piss out of it, he tried to get it to do a wheelie, he just sheered the axle keys, so The Pro fixed that for him as well, it got new carbs & had the timing set right, the car was pretty nuts from what I was told. that's all I got for now. I'm sure it's just gonna collect dust in some rich cats storage garage till he dies then it will go up for auction & we will hear about it again, pretty rad huh.
    Cheatercarl

5. Romie Piotrowski

6. I've been lusting after that car since I first saw a pic of it in the Hop Up reissues book. I didn't realise it was the same car until I read about it in the Rodders Journal. It's got the best looking 'Chop' - better than the Pierson or later So-Cal Coupe - it reminds me of the So -Cal coupe when it was 1st chopped. Beautiful.......

7. CheaterCarl

CheaterCarl

Yep, that's the dude!
    Joe the pro is gettin together his pics of the car fromwhen it was in his shop here in Milwaukee, he says that some of the stories in the Rodders Journal associated w/the car are not accurate, he is going to either send his documentation to the current owner or to TRJ, either way, I'll try to get my hands on copies & post it here.
    cheatercarl