Register now to get rid of these ads!

`34 Ford 5- window converted to 3-window

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blackprimer, Oct 10, 2011.

1. blackprimer

blackprimer
    BANNED
    from Reality

I have the former, Would like the latter...Anyone done this before? Use Tudor sedan doors maybe??:confused:

2. tinmann

tinmann

Your location is listed as "Reality". I'm thinking you've drifted away from home. A '34 5w is a dream car to many people. A 3w of same vintage is cool also. Are you prepared to sacrifice a 5w (and most likely ruin it) to achieve a car that will never be a 3w.

Sell it to someone who appreciates what it is.

3. blackprimer

blackprimer
    BANNED
    from Reality

It`s an ex-racecar body. But if you like them THAT much...I`d sell it;)

4. I'd buy it but the shipping from reality to where I am would be gastronormous. :eek:

I have seen things along those lines done with cars sedans turned to coupes etc. I would think that 3 window doors is where I would start then maybe look for a 3 window roof. But I don't do things the way that everyone else does.

Another avenue would be to find a 3 window that is rotted completely away on the bottom. Tne use a combo of your doors and the 3 window doors plus patch panels to repair the doors and out the 3 window from the belt line up on the 5 window.

5. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

Do a search on here for Donny Smart, he does the parts for this.

6. I may be wrong, but I think the 3W quarters are shorter?
    Donnie Smart has the parts and the skill to make a 3W out of thin air, haha!

7. -Brent-

-Brent-

You may also want to search under "Don Smart." His contact info is listed in this thread.

8. blackprimer

blackprimer
    BANNED
    from Reality

All good ideas..Thanks

9. Take a piece of cardboard and put over the back windows....now you have a 3w.

Take the cardboard off....and now it's a 5w again.

It's the best of both worlds.

10. Harms Way

Harms Way

My vote for best quote of the week !!!!:D