Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '34 Five Window Ford Coupe Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by MR CLEAN, Dec 3, 2015.

1. I like it.......

2. really dig this and love that one piece floor. Like building a giant model car!!

3. You guys with talent.....!!!! I'm so damn envious as to how you approach such a bad body and end up with a jewel....someone immediately said to chop it and I got disturbed....but after all the great builds here on the HAMB....I'm starting to really appreciate the right chop...Rocky's for example is just an epitome in my eye.....if it's safe, more power to ya....

4. MR CLEAN

MR CLEAN

Chop time is in the future, but still have a long way to go as need to finish the replacement of original passenger side door with inside and outside patch panels. Finish original firewall and finish original '34 deck lid found on the H.A.M.B. pictured below as there was not a straight panel on this build when started. Once Pete and Jake's built frame is rolling on '35 wire wheels with quick change rear end, planning to cut it between 3 to 5 inch on chop with leaned posts and angles.

Unfinished Deck Lid.JPG

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  5. Retro61

Retro61

Keep goin Brother!

6. racer_dave

racer_dave

7. MR CLEAN

MR CLEAN

Fixing the replacement of original passenger side door found on the H.A.M.B. with inside and outside patch panels from R & J Enterprises in Arkansas City, KS at 620-441-0032.
    Passenger Side inside door.JPG
    Passenger Side outside door.JPG
    Entire Passenger side with incomplete door fix.JPG

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

That is really starting to look like something! Nice work.

9. mike bowling

mike bowling

I'm in love ( again)- those coupes look so good, I might have to give up Model "A"s !!

You running fenders?? (NO)

Looks freakin' excellent- welcome to the HAMB.

10. waxhead

waxhead
    from West Oz

Nice work so far. Subscribed.

11. MR CLEAN

MR CLEAN

Mike, your Ford Model A is very cool and I would not give them up, just add to your collection a Model 40!!!
    I greatly appreciate your and everyone's feedback on the H.A.M.B. as this build is a very slow process towards perfection. I have full fenders on my '37 Five Window Ford Coupe, but will not be running full fenders on this '34 Five Window Ford Coupe build considering what condition the original cars front fenders, running boards and missing rear fenders were in as seen in picture below. My friends thought I lost my mind taking on this project, but it had to be saved and that's what Hot Rodders do!!!
    Driveway Pic.jpg

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  12. hasty

hasty

Nice work - Looking forward to see it come together

13. mike bowling

mike bowling

I've had lots of A's, check out the album on my profile page. I actually went and looked at ANOTHER coupe today- old hot rod that had a flathead in it when it was built. It's a beauty! All the right stuff.

BUT- those '33/34 5 windows with no fenders and a good chop are nothing but downright NASTY!!!

I like the 5 windows better than the 3 windows. Call me weird, but that's the truth.

That's got potential up the ying- yang- GO FOR IT!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pic of "Fordgasser"s car at the Race of Gentlemen ( hope you don't mind, George)
    This used to be a SEDAN!! Build thread on here- incredible work.

Attached Files:

14. Hey MR CLEAN,
    I'm done with my A's too!
    Like Mike says, (NASTY) is the correct word to describe a 33/34 Ford 5 window coupe with a good chop!
    Keep up the GOOD work! p.s. (Thanks for the doors!)
    Joe
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
    brEad, BrandonB, FlatJan and 7 others like this.
  15. Cool floor in your shop Mr sandman

BradinNC, 530sandman and russellmn like this.
  16. MR CLEAN

MR CLEAN

Finished fixing the replacement of original passenger side door found on the H.A.M.B. outside patch panel from R & J Enterprises in Arkansas City, KS at 620-441-0032. Will start on the original '34 deck lid found on the H.A.M.B. next.
    passenger side door open.JPG
    Passenger side door front closed view.JPG
    Passenger side door closed rear view.JPG

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  17. 392HEMI4SPEED

392HEMI4SPEED
    from Wisconsin

Nice car...Nice project...Nice work.

Not sure how I missed this thread...but there are so many threads on this forum. As someone told me once on the HAMB...thank you for saving this car.

I've slowly been building a 33 5W 392 Hemi car too. I'm not chopping mine. It's channeled and I'm already out of room....lol

18. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Lots of 33-34's being built ,LOVE IT!

19. rpm56

rpm56

Glad you decided to chop it!

20. MR CLEAN

MR CLEAN

The original '34 deck lid that was found on the H.A.M.B. was in nice condition for an original piece. Purchased Billet Hinges from Rocky Hinge Company in Girard, Ohio 330-539-6296. The deck lid body gaps will be the next task in this build.
    Inside Hinge.JPG
    Open 1 Inside Hinge.JPG
    Open Both Hinge.JPG Rear Deck Lid with Key Hole.JPG

cactus1 likes this.
  21. Your 34 is coming along real good. Nice work.

22. Coming right along, nice work.what was the fit and contour like on the inner and outer R&J patch panels?

23. MR CLEAN

MR CLEAN

Thanks Duncan, The patch panels outlines and shape were perfect from R & J Enterprises in Arkansas City, KS 620-441-0032 with the original '34 doors.
    I highly recommend R & J Enterprises which specializes in '32 thru '34 replacement patch panels. R & J Enterprises is the one stop shop for everything needed on this type of build as Tom makes a great product.
    Inner Door.JPG

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  24. MR CLEAN

MR CLEAN

The original '34 deck lid body gaps needed to be addressed and the results are pictured below. The large gap between the original '34 windshield frame and the roof line will be the next task in this build.
    Rear Deck Lid with side view.JPG
    Rear Deck Lid with Filled Key Hole.JPG

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  25. MR CLEAN

MR CLEAN

The large gap between the original '34 windshield frame and the roof line needed to be addressed and the results are pictured below. Filling in the large quarter size holes in the '34 factory firewall with will be the next task in this build.
    Old Windshield.jpg
    New Winshield Closed.JPG
    New Windshield Open.JPG

duncan likes this.
  26. JUNK ROD

JUNK ROD

27. I don't know how I missed this build, subscribed now. Good job

28. How did you address it?

29. MR CLEAN

MR CLEAN

Halibrandsteve, I addressed the large gap between the original '34 windshield frame and the roof line by test fitting a 1/2 inch down piece of 20 Gauge Steel from Roof line. Then used Metal Brake to bend 20 Gauge Steel piece 3/8 inch inside and drilled inside holes so piece can be held with bolts. Then cut out 2 slots for inside '34 windshield frame brackets. Finally, welded test fitted 1/2 inch down piece of 20 Gauge Steel to Roof line and bolted metal piece in place and the results are pictured below.
    Passenger side Inner WS Frame.JPG
    Middle inside WS Frame.JPG
    Drivers side inner WS Frame.JPG