Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 34 Chevy RPU, anybody got one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kiwijeff, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Oh man, sounds like a real mixed bag of crap for you lately.
    I know what you are saying about selling the Chevy.
    Once I got going on my '33 I made the decision to sell my COE
    Too many things on my plate. I've cleaned house considerably.

kiwijeff likes this.
  2. Truly understand your situation can't give it a LIKE ,wish there was a sad option.

Do have a merry Christmas in spite of all that is going on around you.

volvobrynk and kiwijeff like this.
  3. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Yeah, Jeff, Bear down mate, some bad stuff for sure, but you can see the good things too, yes?
    Keep your chin up, and keep digging. Loved that pic of the cars outside Parkinsons. Really took me back. I was at the first few Greymouth Rod Runs way back......and you think you are getting old!!

kiwijeff likes this.
  4. Al, I'm not telling the full story, there's been at least ten other deaths and cancer related stuff going on as well, but its all around me, I'm good, there's food in the cupboard, petrol in my new driver, and its a hot Summer day here.
    I feel lucky today. After my last post, I took the Hudson out for a blast, and worked it through the gears. Hearing the six scream was good for the soul.
    Had to call in to my parents, and they are great people. Always come away from there feeling good about life, even though we had to talk about my young cousin, and what her husbands just done. He's looking at five years in the slammer.

Anyway, I'm still upright, the kids nearly six, one week to go, she's awesome. Hassling me right now to take her swimming. Haha, I been off here for a few days, but her Majesty is calling, so I'll get back on when I've got her worn out, and asleep.

volvobrynk and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  5. My thoughts are with you Jeff, that's a lot of bad stuff to deal with and at this time of year just makes it worse, hang in there buddy. Jeremy:)
    And for the sad stuff there is this...:(

6. All good Jeremy, its a black Christmas for my town for sure, but my world is OK.
    Watch for big Willy's feature in January or Feb issue of NZHRM. There's five new Willy's Gassers being built in Christchurch. My buddy Gonks is in there, blown 283, and I was surprised when he showed me the pics a few days ago. The cars from the Willy's farm have been brought up by a Chch hot rodder, so there's a serious boost to the South Island rodding community.
    The 35 is advertised in this months Petrolhead magazine.
    Found it easier to send a link to this thread, to any interested people, saves trying to explain it.

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  7. Cheers for the Willys update, looking forward to the coverage. May take my 37 to the drags (not racing) on the 2nd and 3rd for the FED challenge and nostalgia meet. JW

kiwijeff likes this.
  8. Keep your chin up, Jeff. They say that God only gives us as much as He thinks we can handle. God must think you are some kind of bad ass! Give the kid a hug for me, and have a good swim.

9. Hope I didn't seem bummed out or anything Darryl, I'm good. Kids been asleep a few hours now, great swim, till the waves dumped her on her ass. I'll send you an email shortly.
    Its half two in the morning, to hot to sleep, so I jumped back on here.
    A quick pic of where I took her swimming. The local stock car track is on the left of pic. IMG_20151223_200120.jpg

37hotrod likes this.
  10. Looks like the 35 is off to new home next year.
    Just got off the phone with new owner from up North.
    He owns a 34, 35, and has been collecting early 30s Chevy parts for years.
    I'll get the 35 back together for transportation over next few weeks.
    New owner said he wanted to build a Roadster, and after seeing this thread, seems keen to carry on, what I've started. I'm very pleased, but won't say its a definite, until the moneys in the bank, and the 35 is on its way North.
    I've also spent last hour sending him pics, but its Christmas eve, and time for a break. Hell I may even go have a little Jack Daniels. I've half a bottle sitting there I brought 8 years ago, haha. :eek:;)

11. Sounds like it's going to the right guy, that's all one can hope for.
    Merry Christmas!

kiwijeff likes this.
  12. Christmas eve just started here 4 minutes ago. Enjoy the day.

kiwijeff likes this.
  13. 100 mins and it's xmas day here.

kiwijeff likes this.
  14. Hey Clive, Merry Christmas.
    I'll bet its nice up your way, that lakes gota be a great place to spend a sunny Summer day at.
    We got a few more days of sunshine here, so I'm going to take the Hot Rod out to a big fat lunch at the parents in 12 hours.
    Stickers, who needs stickers? :D

Looking forward to piecing the 35 back together in the coming weeks.
    It going up to Tarunga.
    Did I spell that correct? ;)

15. Beautiful today. The lake looks amazing.
    I'd show you a pic, but damn photos are stuck on my phone.. grrrr.

Nice to know the Chevy is heading my way..

Have a good one mate..

16. Jeff,
    Sounds like the Chevy is going to a good home. Hopefully the new owner will update us on the progress. Hope you have a great Christmas with your family.
    Tom

17. Thanks Tom.
    I'm going to ask him if he will send me pics of it when he's done.

18. As unique as it will be, it will have a feature in one of our mags when done. JW

19. Ya know Jeremy, I still don't know why down here, these old 30s Chevs ain't popular.
    Just got off the phone from a guy in Wanganui, and he was keen too.
    I guess its maybe because of the extra work that the rooted wooden frames take, but the buyer said he steels his old Chevy's out, and its not that bigger job.
    Depends on your skill level I guess, but I'm still a sucker for the pic Mgtstumpy posted on first or second page, of the cream body, and red fendered RPU.
    I wish I could keep this thing, and build a version of Mgtstumpys pic, but for now, I'm also happy to be freeing up some shed space.

The new owner also makes his own fiberglass fenders, so I'm hoping that he knocks this thing out in good time.

20. Hang in there brother- It's all we can do.........

21. I'm hanging in, I'm not able to do much else today, after the obscene amount of food I ate yesterday, haha.
    I am heading to the shed shortly to carry on digging out all the 35 parts.

22. We are just caretakers of these items and you ate to much too.;):D JW

kiwijeff likes this.
  23. Jeff,
    We were lucky and had great weather up here in New Hampshire. It hit 60° so I got to take the grandkids out for a Christmas ride in the 33. Can't remember the last time I was able to do that.
    Tom

kiwijeff likes this.
  24. Tom, its great to hear the 33 is getting plenty of use.

Here's some of the stuff I've dug out.
    I've kept everything except for the dirt and rust I cleaned off it, and luggage rack and rear door window winders, which went to 37hotrod.
    The rear doors and back window surround went to a guy in the city, who is building a 34 Sedan Delivery street rod. IMG_20151226_151228.jpg IMG_20151226_151233.jpg

25. The taillight glass came from 37hotrod, and I had managed to get another starter motor, and licence plate bracket, which will go with the car.
    I'll offer the 37 truck front and rear axels to new owner as well, but I'm keeping the four, thirtyfour, 17 inch wire wheels I picked up from my wrecker buddy.
    The wire wheels that came with the 35, are in good condition.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  26. Busy day today for me and a buddy who owns a 1924 Moon.
    We got a rolling chassis and body started, and I'm going back iyt soon, to bolt some things up.
    Getting it ready to travel. IMG_20151228_134313.jpg IMG_20151228_144950.jpg

27. A couple more, and where im currently at. IMG_20151228_194404.JPG IMG_20151228_194345.JPG

37hotrod, TFoch, Bowtie Coupe and 2 others like this.
  28. A couple more days and the new owner could drive it North:cool:;) JW

Bowtie Coupe and kiwijeff like this.
  29. Just got body bolted down this afternoon.
    I'd cut some of the bolts when I took it apart, so I dug through my bolt box, and threw in what I could find. Its solid, now to get all the rest secured. IMG_20151231_172747.jpg IMG_20151231_173018.jpg

37hotrod, TFoch and Bowtie Coupe like this.