Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 34 Chevy RPU, anybody got one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kiwijeff, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Not getting a lot done over the holidays. Seems everyone wanted ink over Christmas, and the kid turned five on New Years day, so I havent had much "me" time.
    I did try my hand at panel beating, my good buddy, 57mad will tidy my amateurish attempts, if I can get him when he's not busy.
    I'm out in the shed, and have just pulled torque tube out, and taking the rear shocks off. Planing on doing a full day tomorrow, and I've press ganged a customer to give me a hand.
    Here's a pic or two. Nothing flash, just showing off cause we got a great Summer day. IMG_20150104_144700.jpg IMG_20150104_135726.jpg IMG_20150104_135740.jpg IMG_20150104_135749.jpg

37hotrod likes this.
  2. Ya know, Jeff.....I'm pretty sure that my fenders aren't any better than yours. They are pretty much half steel and half bondo at this point. But I know that they are strong, since the drivers side held up to blowing the front tire at 85 miles an hour with no major trauma. Glad someone is having good weather...weather here sucks!

3. Now there's a thought. Bon do, or Bog as its called here. That would hide everything, but since I gota get spare wheel well filled, and other cracks, I'll bite the bullet and get it done in steel. The right side isn't really salvageable, unless I won the lottery. Easier to buy glass ones, but can't get my head around that.
    As for the weather, yeah its nice, but won't last to long.
    Better be fine tomorrow. Hope to get the Chev outside, so I can rearrange the mess inside.
    Then strip Chev so I can get chassis to blaster. The six and diff will not be going back in.
    Maybe a bigger six, but probably a V8, and new diff will need to be same stud pattern, as I plan on running original wire wheels.

4. I never said it was a GOOD idea...it just is what it is. I would hate to see what would be left of a fiberglass fender after my blowout. So foggy here right now I can't even see the neighbor's house. I'm kind of afraid to pull the '35 outside...might not have a spot left to put it back into!

5. Bondo better than glass, but I'm just jokin around.
    Your email said I should be in next kiwi shed book, so figured I'd better clean the place up.
    Actually, I'd planned this at the start of Summer, but these damn customers keep wanting to give me money. That eats my time, and I wanted to do a big amount of work to the Chev, so I could get into the 28 Speedster.
    I need to find a rich women, but I'm gettin to old to be a toy boy.:D

6. I found the right lady at 49, there is still hope but be quick:D JW

kiwijeff likes this.
  7. fleet-master

fleet-master

Keep going keep going keep going keep going keep going...kee....

kiwijeff likes this.
  8. HEY!!!!

kiwijeff likes this.
  9. Come in spinner, we have a bite:rolleyes: JW

kiwijeff likes this.
  10. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

That was old post of mine. I was just joking around. I dig the Ford RPU's.
    That's a old post of mine, and I was just kidding. I dig F (choke)ord RPU's. By the way, here's a photo of my Brother-in-Law's old 29 Roadster (non-PU) with welded doors and a Buick Nailhead.
    Big Dave\'s Roadster.jpg

kiwijeff likes this.
  11. Don't worry, we all love your old red RPU. I been keeping an eye on it. The new caretaker is doing a fine job with it.

Thanks for the ups, Jeremy and Paul. I'm 49 this year, so who knows.
    My current "interest" lives in Invercargill. We been friends since 08, but don't see her moving up real soon.
    Spent today stripping out the Chevys residents. Got young Luke over to help, and he did a great job. We started by going to the wreakers to borrow the engine hoist, but its away. Took some pics of neighbors Caddy.
    Got Chev out in the sun for first time in awhile. Cut old tire off a Hudson wheel, using my grinder.
    Do Not attempt this unless your not scared of getting covered in hot rubber. What a mess, but it scrubbed out. :D
    Got the whole shop cleaned up, and rearranged. amazing how much more room I now have.
    Anyways, as usual, I have a few crappy phone pics to share.
    IMG_20150105_104501.jpg IMG_20150105_110338.jpg IMG_20150105_115105.jpg IMG_20150105_122552.jpg IMG_20150105_115117.jpg

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  12. The 35s back inside, the bigass Hudson chassis is up against the wall, in front of a T bucket chassis, and my poor grinder is black n sticky. :D
    I'm going to throw the cut tire in my drum and torch it, after neighbors shut their back door.:eek::D IMG_20150105_135606.jpg IMG_20150105_161036.jpg

13. My new wife came from Invercargill too, moved in with her daughter next door and jumped the fence (literally!!)
    The 34 is looking good and if you like, since you are good at it, how about cleaning my shed, I'll let you dust off the Willys:eek::rolleyes::cool:;):D JW

kiwijeff likes this.
  14. Those Southern girls are awesome. ;)
    I only clean when you got air. Airs great, just start at back of shop, and blow all the crap out. I blew out quater of my Chev in rust dust. :D

So how much you payin.....:p

15. That they are Jeff and as for how much, well you can take the Willys for a spin in the paddocks and dust my licence plate collection and, and.........that should be a good trade:rolleyes::eek:;):D JW

kiwijeff likes this.
  16. That orange/blue flamed one is owned by Paul Cundy, New England Rod & Custom Club member, lives in Armidale.........am pretty sure its an Oz Holden body.........will check with him & get back...............andyd

17. Thanks Andy.
    I wonder how to go about finding out just how many were made.
    Maybe Paul knows.

18. So far, I've not done bugger all work that I'd planned to do this Summer.
    Here's a pic I just took.
    Its only time and money,... Right! :D IMG_20150223_200620.jpg

19. See there's a biker in the family, no wonder things have slowed down. Wouldn't have admitted it in my teens but time spent with my grandaughters is way more important than time spent under a hood.

kiwijeff likes this.
  20. True that Zap.
    I brought that bike for her last Christmas, she turned five this year, and the damn bikes almost to small now.
    I keep telling her mom we Gotter stop feedin her...:D

21. I know its hard Jeff, I had all sorts of plans for the Christmas break but it was too hot or something else would get in the way like firewood and procrastination, I mean planning.:rolleyes:Time and money are never around at the same time.:( JW:D

kiwijeff likes this.
  22. Reminds me of a famous Fabulous Furry Freaks quote.;)
    I've got so many small projects going on, fitting new Guide lights to the 29 Hudson, and making padded roof top, not to mention sorting triple carbs.
    Then there's the 28 Hudson Speedster, waiting on a 39 Terraplane hood I brought from the North Island, to get here for the boattail rear.
    Then there's the trailer I'm doing up for Winter firewood and coal collecting.
    And the poor Chev just keeps sitting there waiting patiently.
    Lately a 27 Ford Roadster has caught my eye...
    Now the kids going to school, I've got extra time, but you wouldn't know it. :rolleyes:

23. Who did you get the hood from? You need to tackle one at a time in order of importance.............Ha, who am I to talk !!!:confused::D:rolleyes: JW

kiwijeff likes this.
  24. 343756180.jpg Came from a bloke called Bryce.
    He's from Tauranga, and has a Nash with Rambler V8, or vice versa, I can't rember. :D
    He's going to drop it at a customers home in Wellington this week, I think, then my customer will bring it down when he comes for next ink appointment.
    As to tackling one job at a time, I just don't seem to be able to. I'm under some false impression, that doing it the way I do, I get more done. :(:D

25. I can relate to that, i worked on the T for 20 mins tonight !!
    I thought the hood may have come from my area as I know two people with 39's, one is a convertible and the others are coupes. JW

kiwijeff likes this.
  26. I've put the Chev up for sale, as I've just got to much going on, no money lately, and something's gota go.
    Here's a quick shot of the chassis sitting outside my shed.
    IMG_20151223_112856.jpg

37hotrod and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  27. Know exactly where you're coming from on this decision. I have a 41 Ford panel truck have had practically forever and for about a year been thinking it needs a new home. At one time working on it was good medicine for me dealing with ptsd after my time in uncle Sam's yacht club. Never finished it and it would be like saying goodbye to an old friend. Understand exactly time,money and much more important obligations why you made this decision, wrestling with my own. Bought it in 73 so it's followed me around for 42 years, so maybe it does need a new caretaker.

kiwijeff likes this.
  28. Yip I can understand that, I had a 29 Whippet 2 dr sedan that I had since 1990, a 29 Essex I made into a truck that I started in 1978 and my first Willys that I got in 1976 that was still in bits. Let them all go five years back and got the 26T. I didn't feel I had enough life to do them all, or the money for that matter. JW

kiwijeff likes this.
  29. Haven't checked in on this thread in a while. Sometimes you gotta let them go. Catch and Release hotrodding. I sold my long term project '37 Plymouth coupe a few years ago when things were tight, and I didn't foresee major progress happening for quite some time. Still miss that car, but wonder if I would have ever gotten it done.

30. This is a crazy Christmas this year, just gone through and resized pics for a potential buyer.
    Got phone call to say my relation got assaulted.
    This on top of funeral yesterday for local young fella who died in car crash, then last night after funeral drinks, another young fella went home and took his life.

Zap, Merry Christmas buddy, and same to Jeremy and Darryl.
    PMS coming after I go take care of business.