Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 34 Chevy Master

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34ChevyMaster, Sep 16, 2019.

1. 34ChevyMaster

34ChevyMaster

i am putting steering in my 34. I have a small block/350 in it now.
    My steering is coming front the front via a Heigts cross member and there non power rack.
    1. My steering will Run along the inner frame under the mount and up.
    My question is, what are you guys using for headers that offer the most clearance.
    2. What master cylinder/ hanging pedal assembly are you guys using. Disc on front only drum on back. No power brakes just old school w/duel master cylinder

Appreciate the help
    Thanks
    Pat

2. primed34

primed34

I run ram horns. Too cheap and lazy to have a set of headers made. Just me, but I think the ram horns flow just as good as the block hugger shorty. And they don't cook starters. My master cylinder is under the floor and I have drum brakes.

3. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Make your own custom headers. But using the ram horns I do like as well.

4. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

My 35 Standard with inline flat collectors, engine tube is slightly notched for shaft clearance. I envisage that you'll have some issues as Master is slightly different but close enough. I used a rear mounted R&P and clocked it and shafts so that universal joint operating angles are within safe ranges.
    I've no issues with engine side mounts as I bought a flat pack header kit that allows you to position tubes before final welding. I use underfloor pedals with column and pedals in OEM 1935 position.

upload_2019-9-17_9-9-57.png upload_2019-9-17_9-33-24.png upload_2019-9-17_9-35-17.png
    Uni joint phasing.jpg
    These
    upload_2019-9-17_9-15-51.png

Not these
    upload_2019-9-17_9-12-14.png

tb33anda3rd likes this.

5. 34ChevyMaster

34ChevyMaster

Great idea thank you.
    BTY where exactly did you put the master cylinder under the floor? That’s next for me and there isn’t much room. BTY what system did you use?
    Thanks for the help

6. 34ChevyMaster

34ChevyMaster

Thanks so much for the diagram. Also where under the floor did you put the master cylinder and did you use after market pedal? Thanks for the information

7. 34ChevyMaster

34ChevyMaster

Where under the floor, might you have a picture? And did you use after market pedals?
    Thanks very much for the information

8. primed34

primed34

Sorry no pictures. My car was built before there was much after market parts. I think it's an early 60's Chevrolet brake pedal setup turned upside down welded to the k member. Works fine but I'm sure you can find an after market setup. If you go with the firewall setup, you'll need to brace up the firewall to reduce stress on it.