Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest 333 Half Evil could use some thoughts n prayers...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by the other me, Oct 16, 2014.

1. the other me

the other me

Hey guys, I'm posting on behalf of 333 Half Evil. I've been on vacation and away from the HAMB, but heard that Al, 333 Half Evil, lost his mother a couple weeks ago. I called him when I heard, and had a long talk. This guy sure seems to have the kind of luck you would never want to have, yet somehow can still manage to make you feel good. We have a mutual friend, John, that is an alcoholic and has been trying to quit. Al has been sober for 20 some years, and John has called and leaned on Al a lot as he knows Al has beaten the urge soo far and hopes he can as well.

John called Al when he read Al's daughter's post on facebook asking for thoughts and prayers as her grandma was sick and it didn't look good. Al took that time, when john called to offer his condolences and was hoping he could lend a shoulder to Al in return of all the times he had been there for him, and ended up talking more in support of John. He gave John some words of encouragement that brought him to tears. Gave John a huge "shot in the arm" and got him back onto the wagon for another try. This time, John says, I really think I can do this. Al is right, one day at a time, one drink at a time, and guess what I'm doing it.

Well, after talking with Al about the passing of his mom, and the fact that he still has not healed much after loosing his dad July 13th, 2012 Al told me that last Thursday his wife went in to have a "spot" removed from her right wrist. The doctors are concerned that it may be melanoma. Man, even as I type this, I cannot imagine what he must be going through. I'm not sure how much any of you know about Al and his wife, but she was involved in a serious automobile accident May 6th, 2004. The accident claimed the life of their 15yo. nephew, their daughter was 9 and she was unresponsive as the loaded her into the mercy helicopter as well as his wife Shawn. When Al got to the hospital, the Chaplin and a police officer met him and the officer told him that there was one fatality at the scene, and that it didn't look good for the two others in the car.

To make this really long story shorter, Al's daughter Brandi was in a coma, but after 5 days awoke and had since recovered to continue her gymnastics career on a limited basis. If you met her, you'd never know what she has been through. Al wife Shawn was in much worse condition, she had damage to every internal organ, broke all but 1 rib where they meet the spine, and several were broken around her rib cage. She had to be resuscitated three times, once when she was down in the catscan area where they have no life support equipment. Shawn spent 31 days in CCU and ICU before being moved to a rehabilitation center where she spent a month before being released to go home and begin her climb back. Shawn was out of work for just over 14 months and has since got back to about 90%. When you talk to Al about it, he always says that it could have been worse, he could have lost three that day not just one. He also will tell you he has been blessed with two miracles.

So I just want to ask everyone here on the Hamb to please take just a second and send up a prayer, thought, or wish for Al and Shawn as they face this new test in their life. I truly hope and pray that it comes back negative, but know this that if anyone can and will give one hell of a fight against this it will be Shawn and Al. I'm not sure when the results will be back, but I'm planning on calling Al tomorrow to see if there is any news and I'm hoping to be able to make a quick trip up and spend a little time with him. It has been too long. Thanks in advance guys, and gals, for letting me take some of your time and here's to a better you all. THANK YOU.

Sincerely,
    Brad Jackson

Al if/when you read this I hope you do not mind. You know how I feel about the power of prayer and well wishes!!! I've been sending them up every morning and night since we talked, and I hope you can find some peace and ease as you make your way through all of this. Tell Shawnie I love her and wish her the best. God bless you Brother....Hang in there.

2. Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  3. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

Thoughts and prayers for sure!

4. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

I'll add a name to my prayer list.

5. A Boner

A Boner

Isn't 666 bad news. Might want to rethink 333.

6. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Thanks bobg1951chevy for sharing the link to my thread. Getting the news that my wife may have cancer right after loosing mom was a tough pill to swallow and Brad and I had a great heart to heart talk about it. I'm not one to open up too much about what life throws at ya as I don't want people to think I'm a whiner or want sympathy and have people feel bad for me. After our talk, Brad told me he was going to post a thread about my wife and what we've been through. I read it when he was here this past Saturday, and he said he hoped I was ok with it. It's more than I would have written, but I understand why he shared what he did and his point he was trying to make. I'm ok with that, and know matter what I'm going through I do try to help others if I feel they need it. On a side note he is right, she, my wife, is a tough cookie who has a huge zest for life and is a fighter. Thankfully, we got the results back on the growth and it is NOT cancerous. That was GREAT NEWS. Thanks again for your thoughts.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  7. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Thanks Hemiman 426, 40fordtudor.

8. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Thanks for makin me chuckle a boner. I have had bad luck a lot longer than the 333 title!!!

9. Guess my thought was "wow" when I read Brad's post ..... a lot of info exposed and written, about a guy , along with his family members, who have been to hell and back.
    On the subject of parents ...... no matter how good or how bad life with parents have been, when they leave your side, there is a big void left, a big "hole in the heart" . Somehow, I could never imagine mine GONE. I didn't want that.
    Yep, good times or bad times in the past, a "big hole in the heart" remains forever.

10. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

"A big hole in the heart" is an understatement. Thanks again...

11. speedfreek155

speedfreek155

Prayers sent . Had that kind of year in 1991 , lost Dad , divorce , lost Mom in 10 months , brutal . Thank God for my daughter who pulled me through .