Register now to get rid of these ads!

331 Hemi Yay.....or Nay?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JeffreyJames, Jan 4, 2008.

1. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Well I went to go look at the 331 this morning and I am going to scoop it up by the end of the week. It's '51 so I am going to be looking at that extended bell housing but I am sure all the info you guys have given me will be a good start as far as knowing where to look for adapters as well as anything else. I will bring it home this weekend and start taking everything that may be of any use off before the body has to look for a new home. I hate to send the thing to scrap yard because I would just feel like someone could use it. There is an H.O.A where I live so I am not sure they are going to let me keep it out for very long. Anyways, the engine looks good but I will not know what we are looking until I get it home. I will have pics posted in a bit. Thanks guys.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. mdimages

mdimages

3. anthony myrick

anthony myrick

They all good. Some just require a little more to adapt to hotrod use.

4. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

You can turn a long bellhousing block into a short by cutting it off. Believe it or not. Lippy

5. scotts52

scotts52

11 years go by and someone revived this thread.....

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. Ha !! :)

HAMB confessions : I sometimes go back to the oldest threads on here to bump 'em up.

Last one was like 10,000 plus threads back.

It's fun revisiting. Also fun to see new comments. Or not ... lol. :D