Register now to get rid of these ads!

331 Cadillac-6 97's in an Allard

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Limey Steve, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Here is the engine finally dressed ready for action, we had to make the low profile velocity stacks to clear the hood. Designed to get 100% airflow with 50% mesh, they are slotted & use hose clamps for simplicity . Engine work by Taylor Engines it sounds as good as it looks. Alan Beall the owner from Hawaii was most impressed yesterday as he had not seen it finished. Ready for paint at Cole Automotive in Long Beach.

Attached Files:

2. cruzr

cruzr

looking good, wish i woulda known Alan was there

3. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Cheers Randy , we had 15 minutes notice !!!! but he was happy .

4. cruzr

cruzr

gotcha..........cool

5. davedeltadog

davedeltadog

That's some cool shit. Several years ago I was part of a roadster tour group at the Vintage races in Watknis Glen. One member of our group was driving a Cad powered Allard. The guy was over seventy and wore a WWII leather flying hat. I assumed he had trailered the car to the vintage weekend, but after talking to him, he said he drove up the day before in rain storm from NJ. That's well over three hundred miles, What a great ol guy and his car.

6. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

Very cool!
    I've got one of the cad 2x2 Detroit Racing set-ups that were popular on the Allards if some ones interested.

7. Awesome! Where did you get the valve covers?

8. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

We sell those , they are by PML in Los Angeles really nice & clear the adjustable rockers.

9. Thanks!

10. HealeyRick

HealeyRick
    from Mass.

Steve,

Looks great! I love the sight and sound of the Allards at vintage races. They have a great racing history in the U.S. with Zora Arkus-Duntov driving one in the first Watkin's Glen Grand Prix in 1949.

11. carbking

carbking

Someone is interested.

Please give me a call at 573-392-7378 (9-4 Mon-Wed central time) or send me an email (click on user name). Sorry, I don't use PM's.

Jon.

12. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

where's the "like" button