Register now to get rid of these ads!

'33 willys 77 sedan build question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jan bogert, May 10, 2013.

1. jan bogert

jan bogert

i bought my willys about 2 years ago and getting to it now. i'm doing the brakes. this car was a started project. does anyone know what master cyl. this is. the top caps look to be a large nut mounted in rubber. i want to fill the master to bleed it. where do i fill it? do i pry those large nuts out? all in-put welcome. JAN Oh yeah, i fired up the motor for break-in very healthy. '69 350 4 bolt, .030 over, alum. flat tops, comp. cam, 307 crank, heads all ported, triple angle valve job. with a th 350 and shift kit, 394 posi.

Attached Files:

2. jan bogert

jan bogert

is this master, a remote fill?

3. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Looks like a plumbers nightmare. :) That master must have a reservoir somwhere?? Bumpa

4. 48 Chubby

48 Chubby
    Member Emeritus

Yep, that's a remote fill unit. Hang a reservoir where ever it's handy and above the M/C. Use a one way vented cap if possible.

5. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Yes its a remote fill, I don't know from what though. In cases where you dont have info on parts and I know it costs money but you should get a master from something you know. The tubing looks nicely bent at the proportioning valve but I would loosen them up and apply some never-seeze to the tubing and threads. It makes life easier later.

Pat

Last edited: May 11, 2013
  6. jan bogert

jan bogert

anyone have those 4oz. remote filler reserviors on there vehicle? are they alright, or would u have gone larger? i don't have alot of room.