Register now to get rid of these ads!

'33 Roller, First time out

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by banginona40, Oct 31, 2010.

1. bonzo-1

bonzo-1

Build the biggest softest motor mounts you can for that Quad 4. They vibrate a lot and are noisy. Get your adaptor for the trans yet? I made my own out of 1/4 plate.

Chad

Attached Files:

2. Coach529

Coach529

3. bonzo-1

bonzo-1

HO versions - 185 hp four cylinder with very few emission controls.
    The highest HP american made naturally aspirated 4 cyl at the time.

Head gasket problems for the earlier models.

4. Lurk king

Lurk king

Nice one.
    The shorter wheelbase is definatly an aesthetic +. And it will be easer to do a U turn to boot,haha.
    And IMHO, Quad 4's are very cool looking 4 banger's when you get rid of the silly Top cover thingey and bolt on some Webbers!

5. bonzo-1

bonzo-1

Changed my quad over to carb. I cut apart the stock aluminum intake and reassembled it upside down and backward. Made a carb plate and welded it all together. Way cheaper than side drafts. Starts, idles and revs but I am sure it will need some tuning when the snow melts.

Quad 4 rods stand alone ignition and a 350 cfm 2 barrel off an AMC 304.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  6. banginona40

banginona40

Bonzo, Thanks for chiming in. Do you have any pics. of the exhaust system? I am at that stage now and deciding which way to go. My header flange fits 1 7/8" tubing and I'm thinking that for the headers into 2 1/2" exhaust. Does yours finish off at the cowl or go under the car? thanks! I would like to keep this thread alive but not sure if it is HAMB friendly, though it does seem to get some likes. Nice job on reversing the log on manifold. I did something similar but plan to use the throttle body if I can make it work.

7. banginona40

banginona40

I went with the Q 4 because I was determined to run a 4 cyl. w/ a 5 spd. I considered a Pinto 4 but even at it's lowest rating the Q4 has nearly double the Horse power. I have two other rods with sbc and I just couldn't get excited about another. Plus the Q4 is nearly 1/2 the weight.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  8. bonzo-1

bonzo-1

Here are some header pics I wanted duals all the way out the back. 2 inch (OD) and the header goes all the way under the cowl to a slip fit joint. Which you can just see by the running board mount.

Attached Files:

• ex.jpg
      ex.jpg
      File size:
      312.8 KB
      Views:
    • ex2.jpg
      ex2.jpg
      File size:
      287.3 KB
      Views:
  9. banginona40

banginona40

more questions! wondered what you are using for an ignition coil? and fuel tank and pump?
    Thanks!, looks great!

10. bonzo-1

bonzo-1

Stand alone ignition from quad4rods
    Custom stainless tank with baffle and the stock fuel pump from the olds achieva it came out of. Mallory fuel pressure regulator with return.

11. banginona40

banginona40

I can't believe my last post was in 2013. As it turned out I completely blew the car apart so I could flip the frame over and finish weld everything. I pretty much have the floors finished. As the pickup is channeled I set the foot well on the drivers side flush with the bottom of the frame for a bit more leg room. The header is done and a lot of little things as well including the clutch and brake pedals and the gas pedal as well. I'm in the process of wiring everything so I can get the engine running. Moving slowly but still moving!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

Tim_with_a_T and scrap metal 48 like this.
  12. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Very nice work...

banginona40 likes this.