Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '33 Plymouth redux...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gator, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Gator

Gator

Thanks guys, I'm digging the color myself.

BTW not a clue about it being your Dad's old car or not, but it's definitely gonna be for sale as soon as it's finished - I'm hoping to have it buttoned up in a couple of weeks.

2. tjmercury

tjmercury

Wow, lookin very nice. I always liked the looks of these cars just cause they are different than what everyone else has/had

3. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i'm not sure either. but i like to think so.

4. Looks like someone will get one helluva of Mopar.... I do like the tailights even if they have been done many times before...

5. Gator

Gator

Yeah, I know - like I said earlier I'd planned on putting Hudson tail lights in it but since I decided I wasn't keeping it I hated to 'waste' 'em - so I gave those to Mike to kinda pay for all his help and settled for these.

Pulled it out to clean up the shop today, it's getting closer all the time...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

looking great!

7. It is almost Caddy time..........

8. Oh yeah!
    Mopar or No Car

9. Gator

Gator

Got the interior in this weekend, ran over to my buddy Ray's upholstery shop and got some 'blackboard' for new door and kick panels. I was able to re-use the vinyl that was on the old panels but the old boards were no good. Also had to re-make a new panel for behind the seats as the old one had holes for two 12" subs.

I'd originally planned on a bench seat and even built up a nice frame for it, but in the interest of saving time and money I put the buckets that came with the car back in it. I put quite a few miles on the car last years with them, I can honestly say they are pretty comfortable. They're real leather and were originally power and heated. They also had side air bags (which I carefully removed)

[​IMG]

Mike got the rest of the pieces (hood & sides, front fenders and grille shell) all painted up Friday afternoon, so I'll head back up there tomorrow. We think the bench seat frame I didn't use will fit pretty nice in Mike's roadster project so I'm gonna take it to him. I can't get him to take any money for helping me so I gotta pay him some how.

10. Gator

Gator

Here are the rest of the pieces and a pic of Mad Mike hisself.... made it home with only one minor boo-boo on one of the front fenders, I had them all wrapped up but I guess part of one worked itself out from under the cover and rubbed on the bedside. As Mike's fond of saying - "It'll buff out" Mike's an OK guy - wish I had more friends like him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also got to check out Flattop Bob's Buick project and newly chromed bumpers... another cool project!

11. [​IMG]

The Man, the Myth, the Legend...........

12. Gator

Gator

Well, it's essentially DONE now, still some details, hardware, minor wiring and some interior trim, and of course gotta finish color sanding it so Mike can buff it out for me.

[​IMG]

Taped up the fenders, cowl, grille, etc to prevent damage. Good thing too cause I skint the tape up good - haha. My buddy Rick came over and helped me out with the sheet metal - I can always count on Rick giving me a hand when I need it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kinda hate to let it go, but I'll need the money and space for the Cadillac you see in the background - I got it bad for Caddys - haha.

I gotta thank Mike, Rick, and everyone else who's helped me out with it - I'd have never got it done. without you guys.

13. rrbrucea

rrbrucea

Other than those ralley wheels that thing rocks! :D

Just wish I could afford it!

14. Gator

Gator

What's wrong with my ralleys? :p

Those are borrowed from by buddy Rick (flamedchevy) I've gotten so many bad comments about them he probably won't loan them to me again. He ran
    'em on his '40 for years, but he's an old guy - hahaha.

I've still got the Halibrand copys w/ big & littles waiting in the wings.

15. rrbrucea

rrbrucea

Now you're talking! Take a '71 Road Runner in trade? :D

16. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is a great looking car. I've never understood why they aren't as popular as the F cars. :)

17. Gator

Gator

Got the proper wheels back on it, had to run up to the parts store for more 2000 grit sandpaper so I took the coupe. IIRC first time it's been on the road since October.

Just got the doors left to wet sand then up to Mikes for the magic buffer...

[​IMG]

18. rrbrucea

rrbrucea

Sweet! Yeah, those wheels are MUCH better!

19. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

20. Gator

Gator

Finally got back out to Brother Mikes to day to get the Plymouth 'fully polished' - had to drive in a freakin' monsoon both ways but we made it OK. Supposed to be nice out tomorrow, maybe I can get some pics of the finished product... meanwhile here's my hero in action...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

22. Gator

Gator

Ha Ha thanks - it could be yours... :D

23. the-rodster

the-rodster

Mike's for sale?

Rich

24. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I could be interested

25. Car looks really good Gator.

Love that color!

JH

26. Gator

Gator

Sun came out, here are a couple of shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

it came out so nice. wow.

28. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

where is the pin stripes? i know a guy in alabama that COULD come up and learn..............er stripe....................uhhh make a mess out of it.:>}.

looks good my friend. love those 33-34 mopars.

29. Gator

Gator

Thanks Bruce, we kicked the pinstriping idea around, I was gonna put some subtle striping on it but I think I'll leave that up to the 'next' owner. I'd like to do it though.

Ironically I have a guy from Alabama who seems really interested in the car... trying to get together this weekend on a deal.

30. Gator

Gator