Register now to get rid of these ads!

33 plymouth measurements needed.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shtterbug8, Aug 7, 2013.

1. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

i do need some reference measurements though if someone can pull a tapemeasure for me. i need the distance from the bottom rocker of the body to the top of the front fender/running board. also i need the distance of the bottom rocker to top of running board infront of the rear fender. i think i might have the rear fender clocked wrong. and i think the front fender is toclose to the ground under the door.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

dont have any measurments for you as i no longer have this car ,but heres a pic for a rough reference,its a 34 but pretty much the same.

Attached Files:

3. raymay

raymay

There is a splash apron that goes between the bottom of the rocker and the running board. If you get that to fit the front and rear fenders will line up. I am working on a 33 Coupe with a friend. If I get over to the shop today I will try to get some measurements.
    You can check out our build thread titled "Uncle Ricks 33 Plymouth".

Attached Files:

• 3339.jpg
      3339.jpg
      File size:
      478.1 KB
      Views:
  4. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

i was going to make a splash apron from scratch since the front fender is from a unknown source. looks like plymouth but the grill shell ive got wont bolt up. so its all going to get molded together. the grill shell is rough along the bottom so i see no harm in doing so. would really appricate it if you could post those measurements when you get to your garage. thanks.

front fender can really just go anywhere but i think the rear fender is wrong even though it has mounting holes on the fenders. the fender just seems to hang to far down in the front....granted this is a pile o parts patched together i thought i had a good body...

5. DenK

DenK

I have about 5 1/4 at the rear fender and 6 3/4 at the front edge
    of the door. The front lower edge of the fender is even with the
    bottom edge of the running board and splash apron. Hope this helps.
    Good luck with the build.

6. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

7. raymay

raymay

Your front fenders are definitely not 33 since they have the wheel opening skirt used on later models. They are probably 34 and should still fit. If they are 35 or 36 you may have a little more fabrication to do. My pictures show the 33 wheel opening and the front alignment with the grill shell.

There is a 1 1/4" body line along the bottom of the body and rockers. I noticed yours is mostly gone. The cars owner Rick (HAMB member NOTAFORD1) was able to find some new steel Plymouth patch panels that we used. Our frame cover apron is about 6 1/4" wide which is also the amount our rear fenders hang below the body in the front. The back part of the rear fenders goes about 5" past the body to accommodate the rear cover panel. The fenders, aprons and running boards are usually assembled with welting which helps as long as any gaps are not too large.

Depending on what model Plymouth you have will determine the length of the frame cover apron and the running boards (model PC is 107 to 108"wb, PD is 111 to 112"wb).

I did stop at the shop today and got you a few pictures of our PD coupe to reference the information I listed.

We are using fiberglass fenders and frame cover aprons. If you come across a 33 Plymouth steel grille shell in usable or repairable condition, we would be interested. Rick does have a glass hood, trunk and a few other parts available that we will not be using.

Hope this information is helpful. I can understand your frustration. We started with a scrapped body that was cut into about 6 pieces and had to seek numerous measurements to get it back in one piece. Everyone thought we were nuts. Now when they see it they can not believe it is the same car. Good luck on your build.

Attached Files:

8. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

Yes i also believe these are 34 or later fenders. I love the look over the 33. My bottom rockers are inta t.... The drivers side is rolled a little from storage. Where were u able to locate those aprons from?..... Maybe they will work in my application with a little modification rather building completly from scratch

9. notaford1

notaford1
    from webster ny

Aprons were bought online either on ebay or one of a couple fiberglass companys you can find on google,just be sure you specify wheelbase or you can alter with fiberglass matt and resin not a hard fix.