Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical '33 pickup box Detail Picture Please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flowmeister, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Does anyone have, or could someone take a picture or two of the rear box support brackets that come off the spreader bar area and support the cross brace structure on a 33/34 Ford pickup? Also, how they attach to frame would help too.
    Mine are missing, so i'd like a good example of what I need to replicate.
    Unable to find a good picture on the internet.
    Thank you for any help!

2. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I happened to be doing some bodywork on my skirts and took a few where my rear box is connected. Hope it's what your after. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1454866274.139430.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1454866295.255793.jpg

3. Thanks for the reply @Petejoe ,
    But not the area I was looking for.
    It looks like your frame is bobbed.

The brackets I need to see are right behind the gas neck, there is a cross brace there and somehow that is connected to the frame at the rear spreader bar area. 55084464.jpg

4. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Yep it's bobbed. Mine is cut close to that area.

5. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

I am in the same boat. My box structure was cut short.

6. You can see the part I was wondering about at the 31 second mark of this video, that I jacked off youtube. It appears the brackets are actually welded to the spreader bar.
    Probably a truck specific spreader bar.

7. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Must bolt to the bottom of the box support structure. Although there was nothing like this on the 32 box I had.

8. @dumprat This is a picture of the cross brace in question.
    It is the last one before the end piece that has the tailgate hinge brackets and stake pockets.
    I'll just have to fine a good picture of a truck spreader bar and replicate it. IMG_20160207_165136.jpg IMG_20160207_165240.jpg

9. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

That piece must attach just behind the filler neck hole. Mine still has a small piece of that where they butchered it off.