Register now to get rid of these ads!

33 Ford with a 427 FE Headers?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BCR, Jan 29, 2010.

1. BCR

BCR

I am working on a 33 Ford Roadster and am in the process of putting a 427 FE motor in. I have search page after page on the HAMB and elsewhere to see if any one knows what header might fit.

I have a pretty good feeling that no off the shelf headers will fit and I will have to make them.

I am running inside the frame rails to an exhaust system.

Just curious if anyone has tried to make something off the shelf fit or modified a off the shelf header to fit.

Thanks Mike

2. BCR

BCR

Back to the top for the evening.

3. hgflathead

hgflathead
    from Spokane

I have a model a sedan with a 390 and have built several pairs of headers...........my opinion is that if you have to do any modifying to an mass produced set you might as well build them yourself so they fit your application perfectly. Hope this helps................Love to see FE's in rods!:cool:

4. BCR

BCR

Yep, I figured that I would have to build them. Just thought if anyone would know the HAMB would. Thanks Mike

5. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

I mostly agree with that (if you have to start chopping, it might be easier to make your own). But if could get some block-huggers cheap (swap meet) and maybe you only have to move one pipe, that is probably the way to go to start. I got a stock header to fit one side and had to modify the drivers side due to steering / brake clearance. Still it was less work than build-from-scratch.

6. Try a pair of mid 70'S 2wheel drive pickup headers they are suprisingly tight to the engine block. Rob

7. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Check with Sanderson. I got some block hugger headers from them when I put a 429 in my '56 F-100. Fit good, but right side collector was so close to the starter it fried half way across the country. Actually found a starter in Wakeenie, Kansas and pulled off the right side header to change the starter. Ah, the memories....

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  8. BCR

BCR

Wakeeney is just 20 or so miles from me. Glad you got her fixed.

9. BCR

BCR

This is the info I am looking for. I will try to locate a pic of some. Thanks Mike

10. I had a set years ago I think they were Casler or Hooker headers. Rob

11. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

I think carls ford sells shorty factory style headers, from galaxies and fairlanes..I'll have to take a look and see if I can find them again..