Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 33 DODGE AXLE REBUILD

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sactownog, May 28, 2019.

1. Sactownog

Sactownog
    from SAN DIEGO

I took the rear end out of the vehicle, plan is to have it rebuilt along with a new drive line matched with the new Overdrive Transmission built by George Asche.

my issue is finding all parts needed to rebuild the axle.

I just spoke to Oceanside Driveline located in Oceanside, CA about cost to rebuild. he said he does about 1 or 2 old rear axles a year and they can take anywhere from 6-10 hours @ $100 per hour.

I am wondering if it may be worth it to swap out the rear end as opposed to rebild it?

looking for opinions.

I do like having the original axle however cost to rebuild old vs buy newer are what I am considering.

2. I helped a friend of mine swap his out for an 8 inch ford for a 33 Plymouth. yours should be similar
    he bought the Chassis Engineering kit that came with springs, hangers, shocks, ........
    easy install
    the advantage would be better gearing
    the cost of the kit, plus the rear axle and whatever the new rear needed replaced would probably be the same $$$$ as rebuilding your current rear

3. Sactownog

Sactownog
    from SAN DIEGO

thinking of keeping stock rear end, not swapping to another type. that way it all goes back together. not sure who should rebuild it.

4. does it need to be rebuilt now? if there is no problem drive it as you save up the needed cash. andy bernbaum out east carries a lot of old Chrysler nos parts.

5. Try N.B. Pease antique auto parts. 1-413-283-7620. Nelson specializes in mechanical parts.

6. Robert's and vintage power wagon also have alot of nos mopar parts.