Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 33 chevy 3w....time for a cool change

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by tb33anda3rd, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Very Cool Photo!:cool:

2. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Very cool story and I'm glad you're putting it back on the street...

3. yeah it has been too long.
    the fuel tank is out, and the brake lines are in;

Attached Files:

volvobrynk likes this.
  4. some more pictures of the underside "cleaned up"

Attached Files:

volvobrynk likes this.
  5. did a little more work to the seats. i had taken the austin seats because they did not tilt forward and were red. i wanted to get the look of them but i want them to tilt. so i found this '60s era seat to use to fabricate an austin style seat. first step was to reduce some weight, these seats were heavy! the box of removed parts weighed over 50 lbs. the seats are still heavy. i removed the cover, padding and burlap from the bottom and cut the center section out and welded back together. i made one cut in the center of the perimeter spring wire, overlapped it and cinched it back together. it's a little lighter.

Attached Files:

6. when i put the seat in the car, they were tight to the door panels. the seat had square sides, but the car tapers in a lot. so i cut the corners off of the bottom support. then unclamped all the springs and slid the sides over.

Attached Files:

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

Ted is the bow in the center of the axle stock or a way to narrow a later axle? Bob [​IMG]

8. i believe it is stock. i will take a picture tomorrow of the cool bowtie stampings and part numbers on them.

9. AHotRod

AHotRod

Those seats appear as though they should be comfortable....

10. i still have more work to do to them, i am going to extend the inside edges of the set backs to continue a straight line across the top so when they get reupholstered the backs will look like one [sort of]. the out side edges of the seat backs will be extended to make the top of the side wider and taper down. i will round the out side corners like the austin seats. see seats in the magazine photos.

11. The37Kid

The37Kid

If the repaint in finished by October you could have it on the show field at Hershey in the Race Car Class. Bob

12. that would be one hell of a drive!
    i had found a fuel pump like the ones my dad had on it at a swop meet last fall, so i mounted it and the original fuel block to the firewall in almost the same place. when he first built it he had one on the firewall and one in the back, then he put two in the front and two back.

Attached Files:

Mikel50 and volvobrynk like this.
  13. Keep

Keep

Man that is a sweet ride. Having Dad along for the work is even better.

Thanks for the pics.

hipster likes this.
  14. yes, he is reliving his time building and driving it with his brother Joe, i am reliving rebuilding it and driving it, and now we are adding to these memories doing it together.

volvobrynk likes this.
  15. did a little more work to the seats, i made the back of the seats rounded on the out side edge and squared up the mating edge so when they are upholstered they will look like the austin seats and the original bench.

Attached Files:

16. more shots,
    the next step is to have the upholsterer put the foam on so i can test fit it for height and comfort and then it will get covered to match the seats my dad had...except black and white.

Attached Files:

17. was able to get some time to put the front end back together, bled the brakes, put the shock link bushings in and installed the shocks.

Attached Files:

18. I like the red grease:rolleyes:

hipster likes this.
  19. it is blue in the drag link.:eek::D

20. Totally digging this!

21. thanks Gary. i couldn't help but put the wheels and caps on

Attached Files:

ct1932ford, jgrohio, hipster and 2 others like this.
  22. [​IMG]

Wow. Speechless.

23. Looks Good TB! Can't wait to go for a ride.:cool: It has been 53 years since I rode in that Coupe!:eek:

24. until the seat comes back, it's B.Y.O.B., bring your own bucket.:D

hipster likes this.
  25. MalloMike

MalloMike

What about a milk crate?

26. get back to work

ct1932ford likes this.
  27. Milk and Mallomars:rolleyes:

28. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

Mb l

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

29. ???

30. 2014-02-20 15.33.34.jpg 2014-02-20 15.34.13.jpg 2014-02-20 15.46.48.jpg fuel tank did not show up, but i filled the carb and backed it out, 45 degrees felt like summer! everything was melting, just don't park under the shed roof.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    ct1932ford, Stogy, jgrohio and 3 others like this.