Register now to get rid of these ads!

33 5 window - stoked!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by panhead_pete, Jul 21, 2010.

1. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah its staying pretty OG. Will get 16" wires, full hyd brakes, reversed eye springs, maybe lose a leaf or two, run the 36 motor and box that comes with and the original rear. No body work or paint.

REALLY need a 33/34 V8 Driveshaft and Torque Tube!!

Goes in a container in a couple of weeks and heads to Australia. Cant wait to see it in late Sept when it gets there and Im back in country too.

Bidding on something else that will be more HOT rod ;)

2. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

stoked?? When I found my heap I was stoked, if I had what you found I would have burst. Good luck and keep us posted

Attached Files:

3. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Funny how it happens but just been put onto another one but am thinking it must have already gone, like my $. :)

4. gives me hope, ( in caly ) that is....

5. Deu55

Deu55

So cool , keep the pics coming with the build ...

6. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well no updates for a while, car is still in LA and I've come close to selling it but have now decided that WONT happen. Bought a few parts, dropped axle, steelies etc and hope to have it shipped soon. You Victorian guys might see it as Im lining it up to be built there by someone who has been in the game a LONG time and how I have a lot of respect for. More details once they are firmed but in essence the body wont be touched.

7. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

I'd bring it closer to the ground, do a killer detail job the flat head and drive it!

8. Hogdriver

Hogdriver
    from VA

very nice. I always think you are dollars ahead to buy the best body you can afford and build from there.

9. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Its the $ ahead that almost see me sell it :)

10. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

Congrats pete.
    exactly how you want to find them.
    I can guess who you are taking it to.. good choice,

ME would have been a better choice..:)

11. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Oh Man does that take me back years. There was a little old lady that owned one of those that parked it on the street in downtown Louisville, across from Walnut Street Baptist Church, back in the 60's. Man I wanted that car so bad. I never knew what happened to it. I'll save the story about 2 little old maids going to give me a 34 Roadster for free for another day. Congrats

12. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Mighty fine....MIGHTY fine.

13. geage

geage

Very bitchin

14. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks guys

You may end up doing the next one mate. ;)

15. You would have to get in the time machine and go back to about 1936 to find one any more original than that. Nice car. Please don't cut it up. Plenty of turds around just begging to be cut up.

16. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

Hey Pete, that car makes me smile just just a little:D. You better keep that BADBOY! I can only dream of one day lining it up next to mine. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

17. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

OK, I gotta hear it!

18. Gman0046

Gman0046

No way I'd cut that top. It would then look like all the Tupperware coupes out there. An unmolested coupe is way cooler then a chopped one and real hared to find.

19. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Its going to stay full height and be highboy - well that's the current line of thought.
    :) Just need to pull my finger out and get it shipped.

20. I agree!!!!!! :) :) :)

21. bill3337

bill3337

Man, what I would have given to have found mine in that kind of shape and that complete. You saved yourself about 30 grand right off the bat!! Fantastic find!

Attached Files:

22. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Have balls, follow D-rod's lead.

Attached Files:

23. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

Have just seen this post, can't add anything else to the comments so far, except I busting to see that thing running around Aus! wow what a find!

G

24. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep and its pretty much cost me that.

Tires are on their way. Black wall Firetsones 5.50 and 7.50 that will go onto steelies. Thanks Coker for the Alliance discount.

Once they arrive car will be on the water and headed to Aus.

Hey Outback, you still got that Jalopy?

25. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Awesome man! I'm stoked for your car and the new tires. 7.50s & 5.50's are a good choice for sure!!!!

26. Tyres have arrived :)

Should look good all mounted up. Can't wait to roll it round in the snow and onto the trailer! :D Should make for some good pics :D

27. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

Only 7 months late, nope had to cash it in.... :( gathering bit's for the next one though, busy with shed building at the moment. Hoping to get cracking soon!

Where are you up to with the coupe Pete?

28. JAWS

JAWS

Did I miss an updated thread on this car somewhere else?

29. Good choice on the 5.50 and 7.50's. Your going to like the way they fill the fenders.

Just bring the car down a little and you will have it nailed.

30. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks mate. Has a 4" dropped beam axle and will lose a couple inches in the rear.

No mate, the car was sent to a lovely guy in Melbourne who does really detailed top shelf work and is arguably one of the best rod builders/restorers in Australia having 35+ years doing it - having seen his personal cars and those he has built I had always wanted him to do a car for me, the only issue being it was starting to soak up a LOT of $ as a super high standard build will and in the end it was more than I was willing to have in the car. Having thrown a small bucket of cash at it I got cold feet and it was either going to have to go into storage, be sold or ..... The work done provided a great springboard to move forward so...

That being the case I spoke with a mate and its now being built by him (FC Ute) in a smaller shop all the way across in Perth. He does great work within my budget restrictions and whilst it wont be insanely perfect which is where it was headed with my consent, now it will still be done to a standard we are both happy with whilst respecting the car. He has finished off a 29 I had bought partially finsihed and tarted up a 32 I had for sale as well as built cars for others and besides being a great bloke his work is of a high standard and we are both on the same wave length re finishes etc.

Hopefully he will post some update pics as Im 5000km away :)

This week will order the interior from MAC and a grill from Lee Nottingham. The engine has been started and runs and the chassis is about to be blown apart for paint. I have got back into bikes after 10+ years off them which I has had my focus but even as I type this Im getting jazzed to see this done :)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012