Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 33 34 ford truck firewall.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cody1958, Dec 8, 2014.

1. cody1958

cody1958
    from wichita ks

Guy at work was telling me there is difference in 33 34 ford truck firewall. I have 34 the fire wall sticks out he claims that the 33 is more recessed like 32. Well I'm Calling. B.s. i m pretty set on that they were the same but if for any reason they are different it would clear this up

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

They are both the stick-out style, both welded to body unlike '32, which is recessed and which is bolted to frame and only incidentally affixed to body.
    If there are differences they would involve minor holes and such...I've never had the two close together, but I would not be surprised by slightly different locations for things like hand throttle and choke due to the change in V-8 carbs. Any differences would be stuff like that, of little interest for most hot rod uses.

3. Nope 33/34 are almost identical. HRP

This is a 34 firewall.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  4. verde742

verde742

absolutely da same,,,,
    the know it alls, make it tuff for us, that really do know it all...:rolleyes:

" never in doubt,, seldom correct. just like my nabor...."

5. The only similarity in a 32 and 33 is both have the same belt line around the back of the cab. HRP

6. verde742

verde742

doors aren't the same?

7. Certainly the do0rs are the same,32-34, HRP

8. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Extra rear molding stamped in '34 to get a hair more seat room...
    There were slight changes where windshield attached to roof, overlapping from '32 to 33, to eliminate cracking problem...cowls are all about the same, with '33-4 getting the convex welded firewall and '32's getting just a reinforcement rim there to meet the firewall...the lower body rails, a sort of ladder fitted into bottom of body, changed a bit by mounting points and because the new firewall slightly lengthened the removable part of floor. Most '32's had tank to hold seats, most later had riser and pan there, but this varied some with all the different applications in commercial and big truck uses. Dash stamping changed with gauge mounting in '33. For hot rod purposes...most of the differences are no big deal.
    My '32 B has a '33 cab entire, and it fits fine despite the firewall having moved out; someday I'll get around to drilling out the 947 spot welds and put in a '32 reinforcement and wall...

9. cody1958

cody1958
    from wichita ks

I knew it!! Guy swore to me that its different even claimed that an old timer with a old henry ford book blah blah blah pointed out the difference in the two firewalls. Thanks for info. I Knew mine was a34 cause the back bead is big like u guys talked about on here and other posts. I got a tag for mine already thats a 34 so thats what it was gonna be anyways.

10. verde742

verde742

O ok, then your stating the doors are Not counted as a similarity !!!!;);)