Register now to get rid of these ads!

33-34 Ford / Swamp buggy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sphynx, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Ok I wanted to take pictures but the owner wasnt around. So any ways I looked at a home made buggy looks to be made out of a 33-34 ford truck. The cowl forward is still intact. It has the stock drivetrain. It has a large 5 lug pattern . I am wondering if the frame would be the same as a half ton. I was looking at it and it resmbels a 32 frame. Could it be used for a Model A coupe ? Like I said no pictures of it as the owner has not given permission to take any or post anything. There is a great possiblilty that the buggy was built by my grandfather in the 1960s. The owner is a friend and we have talked about it before so I was not trespassing nor was I snooping around where I was not supposed to be. I was just thinking about trying to buy it for some parts. Also I think the motor and tranny would make a cool roadster drivetrain. Any thoughts on the parts i described. I will post pictures after i speak with the owner.

2. anteek

anteek

Pics help. A large truck frame is much thicker and can be used without boxing. The profile is much like a '32 but without the reveal line. There is a bare one in Wauchula,on a gooseneck trailer,next to the junkyard. A model A frame on steroids.

3. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Thats good to know the guy at the junk yard is one of those old codgers but he will deal on a good day. Would you be intersted in any of the truck parts. I believe that it was a 1 ton.