Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 33-34 Ford coupe bodies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ss34coupe, Nov 5, 2007.

1. verde742

verde742

2. Squablow

Squablow

That pic of the original Ford lid really helps. The inner skin does look fairly similar, especially being from different brands. I can almost certainly make this inner skin fit a different outer skin if I have to, the price was right and I'm not afraid to cut it up if I have to. Thanks for the pics 2deuces64!

3. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

Nobody's posted any coupes in awhile! I've had a couple for sale lately but no interest so took them off going to build a super chopped 5w this winter and build a traditional chassis for my 3w flathead Columbia rear and dago drop with 36 bones. But also thought I'd let all you guys on west coast know I'm coming to Turlock swap next month with some model 40 stuff so let know if there's some requests. Love this thread!!!!

Dannerr likes this.
  4. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

Got a few garnish to lol!!

Attached Files:

5. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

Like it better with 40 wheels and 46 caps!!

cactus1 and Dannerr like this.
  6. trey32

trey32

34ford5w I don't think I would ever leave that building you have

Dannerr likes this.
  7. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

My say it's not fair really not the dog house lol!! I sometimes just stop and stare

Dannerr likes this.
  8. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Let's find those 33-34 Ford coupe bodies that are still hiding in barns, garages and basements - got to be some more coming out of the woodwork in 2017. I have been accumulating the parts to put together a 34 five window and hope to get going on that project in the new year. Keep those pics of coupe bodies coming!

9. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

IMG_0269.JPG IMG_0426.JPG IMG_0965.JPG Not mine but some inspirational pics from the net.

10. rusty valley

rusty valley

the center 3w, also seen on page 13 will be living with me soon. currently having some metal work done at kowalsky kustoms . the fenders will stay on the scrap pile, the roof will stay high, and it will have a flathead in it like henry intended. i can hardly wait to see it in my shop... like a kid!

Nailhead A-V8 and Dannerr like this.
  11. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Great score! Look forward to seeing some pics when you have the coupe in your shop.

12. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

mkebaird likes this.
  13. Just recently bought this one.From what I´ve been told it sat in a barn from 1949-2010 when it was found and brought to Sweden.Got updated with juice brakes,dropped axle and a 59ab and a new interior.Have nagged on the previus owner to sell it to me and finaly he gave up and now it´s mine.Have plans to build a 40´s styled fenderless hot rod with a nice chop. A hopped up Merc flathead and 5speed will get in there too.Right now I´m replacing the worn out steering box with a F 100 box instead. P1030615.JPG P1030625.JPG

14. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

:(

15. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

Congrats, very nice car the way it is at stock height and fenders, I'd have a hard time cutting that. I've got a 33 5 window coupe, really it was just a field car needing patches floor etc, no qualms about cutting that. Complete cars like yours are another matter. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. Xman

Xman

Nobody loves chopped cars more than me, but when I see a car as nice as this one I would never cut it up. It's about as nice a looking car as I've seen for leaving alone.

17. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

I would have left it together as well. Mine was just a body so I didn't feel too bad modifying it.

Dannerr, thommoina33 and falcongeorge like this.
  18. rusty valley

rusty valley

me 4, not many that good left out there

Dannerr and falcongeorge like this.
  19. Jay T. Judd

Jay T. Judd

This was my 34 5 window when I got it in 1978. This is what it is now 38 years later I still have it ! image0-010.jpg image0-011.jpg image0-010.jpg image0-007.jpg image0-012.jpg image0-009.jpg P5160061.JPG

20. I see your point and I had my doubts at first but the more I get in to it the more I realize it´s not a virgin. I´m driving alot with my cars and whant´s it to catch up with todays traffic. I know it´s possible to do that with old parts and I will keep it all traditional except for the 5 speed.Will make sure that it will be possible to put all the stock parts back if I like and not going to molest anything. The F100 sterring for example is modified to fit in the stock holes in the frame and it´s not possible to see the conversion unless you look at the box.Fenders are easy to put back on .

Nailhead A-V8, cactus1 and mkebaird like this.
  21. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Kenneth31coupe - you have a project that we all dream about finding one day. Some good advice here from your fellow Hambers - good to see that your plans include keeping the original parts. Keep us posted on your progress, this is the kind of build we like to see.

Nailhead A-V8 likes this.
  22. I picked up (what's left of) this 3W recently...

image.jpeg

23. Finally have been able to get back to my 34 5 window coupe. I'm on the door uppers now! Here are some pictures I took a couple days ago. the first one is what I started with! The last picture is what I have in the trunk (notice the WW2 Bomber, training seats already mounted) It's all for my 1937 21 stud engine. Pretty rare, one year only Cyclone 21 stud heads. I will be running the Hi-rise REGULAR twin 97 intake, until I get the SCoT blower for it! I've already invested so much time and money but it's starting to show some progress!
    Thanks for looking,
    Joe
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

24. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice save on that one, that body was a pile. Nice chop too, looks like a Lance Sorchik cartoon.

-Abone.

530sandman likes this.
  25. Squablow

Squablow

Hell of a cut on that roof Sandman, any history on it? Looks like it's coming along really well, and a great collection of pieces for the engine, too.

530sandman likes this.
  26. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

Sandman awesome! Dude that is the shi☆☆☆! See all you haters on Kenneth with his so called maybe it's stock 34 with fenders don't take it apart and chop it 5w look they look wayyyyy better chopped in my opinion and yes they're like asshol☆☆ everyone has one!! Kenneth chop it through the fenders in a pile if anyone wants them have them contact you or me I have a stack to lol!!! Do what you want it's your car!!!! Grey beards I love ya but I've had a 33 5w for sale forever not chopped not channeled and no one buying so in my opinion takes a real man to chop one!!! When you're done come chop my og 3w!! Lol!! Man I love them all and you know what even if I chop mine or Kenneth it makes all our unchopped ones go up let people be happy cause we're just the keepers of the cars until we're gone again my opinion! Love all model 40's!!!

530sandman likes this.
  27. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

I don't know if this pic is going to show up but this is the 34 5w I'm chopping this winter a pile of parts with some new SARS quarters louvered roof and deck and hood I'll keep everyone posted! I just walked in backyard to take pic!! Fired up!!

Attached Files:

28. Thanks for the compliment Abone! Yes, she was a pile but I seen the potential! I replaced the whole cowl, A pillars and header. I chopped the windshield frame first to the size of the quarter windows, (The tallest area of glass) then mounted my Bomber seats on a set of chopped down sliders, then got inside and leaned back the A-pillars with windshield and header installed, (I leaned them back to where I was comfortable with the view.) I tacked it and was happy with the look OUTSIDE and just as important the (view looking out!) No hunching over at stop lights to wait for green!:D A Lance Socrhik cartoon? (I hope that's a compliment?) Lol

Thank you Squablow, for the compliment! I really don't know much on the history other than someone started a project and never completed it! (Maybe it was too much for them?)
    Thank you too 34ford5w, for the compliments! This car is coming out exactly how/what I wanted!
    I can't see myself in an un-chopped full fender coupe! (except a 1940:cool:) You're right, we are only keepers of the cars until we're gone or sell! I brought this car back knowing it will be around (Long after I'm gone!)
    I want to also say thanks, to all the people who hit the like button! It definitely get's me motivated to get out in my shop and do what I love! (Bringing these old Fords back to life!)
    Joe

29. Haha...Thanks for the support but I have allready made up my plans for it and it will get chopped.Not that I don´t like them stock height and with fenders but to get a bad ass hot rod it has to be chopped and as I said before it´s not a virgin.
    And by the way Sandman I love your car.

530sandman likes this.
  30. 34roadstar

34roadstar

Just went to Portland Oregon area to bring this project back. A good start with new firewall decent doors ( one 33, one 34) and new quarters from Steves most floor too. The bad is the entire roof but getting a decent 4 door rear roof section at Turlock to make fit. Hopefully. Worth the 4,500? To me it was. Also have 1933 fordor project out for paint. 1483237608518.jpg 1483237617706.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Squablow likes this.