Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 33/34 Coupe Seat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Comet, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Does anyone know where to find info. on 33/34 Ford Coupe seats? Like drawings and hard parts? I found Mac's has some of the hard parts, but I'm not exactly sure if that's everything other than the seat base. Also, looking for specs. on the wood base. My searches are coming up empty or dead ends.

2. bill3337

bill3337

I have a modified stock seat in my '33. The seat frame base is stamped steel and there is a wooden frame for the seat cushion itself. I think the steel seat frame sides are available repro, not sure about the bottom. I can take pictures of anything you'd like. Just let me know. Bill

3. Are you the kid that owes me 500.00 beans for the Merc doors?

4. Devil, you asking me or bill? Never owned a Merc or bought any parts for a Merc. Sorry, wrong guy. Oh, and I'm not a kid:D

5. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

WOW ... hunting parts for a Ford in Japan has to be tough :)

This is a 1932 Ford 3W seat ... very similar to a 1933/34 seat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The wood has been replaced and the metal bottom powder coated but it should give you a idea of what Ford had in mind for his coupes.

I stole this photo off eBay a few months back. It shows how the rear wood was from the factory. When mine was redone, it was easier to duplicate function wise in a sheet of cabinet makers birch plywood as one piece. Mine is dimesionally correct but just one solid piece instead of 7 separate pieces ... put together.

[​IMG]

Making something that LOOKS pretty close ... if you had the measurements ... should not be very difficult. I sent 3 or 4 patterns made off of my seat to HAMBers ... when I had the seat apart.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I see 33/34 seats on eBay every so often but unfortunately ... they almost always end up going for a grand ... :eek:

6. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

There's one on fordbarn right now. From what I've seen it looks like '32, '33, and '34 are virtually the same seat frame. The one in my '32 was being sold at a swap meet as a '33 seat. Good luck...

7. Thanks Comet! Some kid that owned a Merc sold me some doors and never came through, he moved to Japan soon after... I can't find him now. Think he changed his identity... I'll find em, hahaha.

8. Django

Django
    from Chicago

9. bill3337

bill3337

33 Seat Bottom.jpg

IMG_5091.JPG

IMG_5090.JPG

IMG_5089.JPG

David,

Here are a few shots of the seat in my '33. Everything is original and stock, except that you will notice I put one additional piece of maple support in the seat bottom and also I cut and hinged the wooden side sections, so I could flip the seat forward to access the rumble compartment from the front. The '32 seat looks very similar, maybe even the same except that the '32 appears to have a metal back to the seat frame back, where in the '33, that piece is wood. If you need anything else let me know. Bill