Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 33’ (6) Metal Work

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 33Doll, Mar 16, 2020.

1. 33Doll

33Doll

Yaay! Frame repair Done!
    Feeling more confident to attack the Body now!

Especially since our County put us on lockdown! STAY AT HOME! I work in the sewer business for a Municipality.
    And we are on call at home now!
    My Boss says we are “Highly” encouraged to improve our Job duties through online courses, safety training.
    Hands on skills.... and I say like fabrication, and welding???? He says with enthusiasm. “EXACTLY!” thats great! Later I get an email with all the stuff mentioned above for improving things, and at the bottom it says and.....”fabricating and welding!”
    I freaking laughed my head off!
    Awesome! That’s what I love about my job, my hobbies and my job are kind of the same thing in a way!
    So... Out of duty for the good of Mankind... I MUST continue!

Heres a summary of what I have done so far:
    Thanks Rick!

IMG_8834.JPG IMG_8845.JPG IMG_8862.JPG IMG_8873.JPG Adjustments.JPG IMG_8885.JPG IMG_8891.JPG IMG_8894.JPG IMG_8904.JPG F2AC7061-CEBB-472D-8613-40A004ADEDFE.jpeg IMG_8919.JPG IMG_8920.JPG

brEad, dwollam, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  2. Way to take one for the team! Get after it.

brEad, Stogy and 33Doll like this.
  3. sleepchamber

sleepchamber

nice work for sure!

33Doll likes this.
  4. woodsnwater

woodsnwater
    from North Al.

Nice job! Are those rear radius rods the old PSI brand? Do you notice it having oversteer in the corners with them being parallel to the frame like that?

5. 33Doll

33Doll

They are the original rear wish bones split, with tie rod ends installed. It always drove fine, as far as I remember.
    But it has been 25 years! The rear tires were always fat, and bias plys. So I don’t know if you would even notice steering problems, it does have a 56’ truck box, and hairpin set up, so bump steer happened a little, but never enough to feel unsafe.

dwollam, Stogy and woodsnwater like this.
  6. Good job so far, little by little you'll get it done. Just a safety concern about working underneath that car with the body only held up by the engine hoist. It only takes a second for this to go bad real quick in many different ways.

33Doll likes this.
  7. woodsnwater

woodsnwater
    from North Al.

I don't know the back story. Have you owned it for 25+ years?

8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    33Doll likes this.
  9. triumph 1

triumph 1

Nice work on the frame!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

33Doll likes this.
  10. 33Doll

33Doll

I got a piece of rubber and 2 hose clamps locking the ram. I let the juice out and tested it, several times, even hung off it. So with the juice, and clamped its all good! (I was wondering when someone would notice!
    Thanks for the concern! :)