Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features '32 Winterfront grille $9,400+++?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by RoadFarmer, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Pete

Pete

Human fly,

I have a '32 outer header panel, $9,200....

Seriously, I have a few x-tras, shoot me a PM.

Pete-

2. It would look great on this Roadster and would have been needed! He likely has cardboard behind the original insert instead.

I just thought you'd enjoy the pic I found here. It has a louvered hood and tire chains!

Attached Files:

3. 32rustedinpiece

32rustedinpiece

I am the seller of the pines winterfront. I have been sitting back through this whole ordeal just listening to the b.s. Comments made by fellow so called hamb members. I just want to set things straight. This was a totally legit auction. I had 14 real bidders. No shill! Check my feedback, i dont mess around, thats why they have a reserve. I had bidders from all over the world. I turned down 2 offers the first day i had it listed, one for 9 grand and one for 9500.00. I had people from sweden, austrailia, and france email me. For all the uneducated people, this not an easy to obtain piece. Thats why they call it rare! I know some of you think they are ugly, well thats why they are called opinions. Apparently some people like the look of them. Yes they do end up in the hands of rich people, but none the less, thats the way it is in the hobby. This is not a grill insert that i found in a barn and paid a hundred bucks for, i got the pines a couple of months back, and ended up paying a couple of grand for it to begin with, so its not that i was being greedy like some people wrote, it was that i had alot of money tied up in it, and to me it is an investment. I dont come from a lot of money, i work and hustle for everything i got. If i need a part for one of my cars, i buy and sell something to get the money. Otherwise i couldnt afford to be in this hobby. Family comes first, and i pay all my bills with my paycheck and keep my hobby separate, im sure some of you understand! Anyways, the pines is paid for and is headed to southern california to a very private collector, where he plans on using on a roadster. Hope this clears up alot of the drama on here! But it has all been for a good laugh none the less.

4. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

1932 Fords and their parts are no longer hotrods....they are simply investments....to be traded among high rollers....and rarely used on "driver" cars....

Nice sale 32^^^...I'd a done the same thing....

5. Ron Mayes

Ron Mayes

Drive the Shit out of it Steve !!! Awesome .

6. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Hahahaa.....I'm full of them....
    '32 "guys" are so damn sensitive when ya talk about "their" cars......:D

This thread still open????

7. 5window

5window

How's that so? Let's say you actually found a buildable Henry '32 and want to make a hot rod. You've got some, but nowhere near all, of the skills you need to build it. So you'll pay for a motor, upholstery and paint, doing most of the rest yourself. So where do you end up-$40-45K, north of 50? upwards of $75000? Guy in CarCraft just spent >$20k on a motor because he wanted a Pontiac. You could really reach those numbers pretty easily with a Deuce.
    Now, who's gonna buy it?
    JMTC but if you've got that kind of major money in a car, or you can go out and just buy one at those prices, it's not a hot rod anymore.

8. So now we are rating 'hot rod status' by the amount of money sunk into a car...........????

9. 5window

5window

Maybe we should distinguish between traditional hot rods and hot-rodding tradition?

10. Guidelines my ass....The last car I saw you driving was a hot rod. Coincidentally, it was a 32. And a no-nonsense 32 to boot. :cool:

11. I was going to say the same thing... but without the hood I'd have difficulty reaching operating temperature!:eek:

Maybe the new owner would put a hood on the car so he can run a Winter Front where it'll actually do some good!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Qz_hSy-55dM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/h29PGmIeTzk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7Yl7wGsVL5A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. NealinCA

NealinCA

Right on! That's the only way I can attempt to play with 32 Fords without touching my paycheck...even though I only have a cut up pickup and a moredoor sedan. I will own a real deal 5W someday...but I have a lot more horse trading to do to get there.

Neal

13. A Rodder

A Rodder

The fact is he hit a home run, it is what it is, don't blame him.
    Glad to hear he is a hamber after all, and was willing to clear some assumptions.
    When I hear of something go for big money on ebay, I always wonder if the bid was bumped by a buddy, in this case, I don't think it was. Sorry for implying, Joe

14. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

Chris Unger ???

15. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

What do you think it cost this guy to have this custom not very accurate copy made? If he did it himself then I'm in awe of his skills but somehow I think it was a contract job. I bet it wasn't chump change.

Was there some kind of ice age that affected So Cal in the early 30s?:D I could have saved it for the roadster but a winter-front on a roadster is hinda oxy-moronic to me. So I sold it.

I'm not trying to compete with Daddy Warbucks. It's a waste of my time. These auctions are just a game between 2 or more deep pocket show offs. It doesn't bother me at all.

I got mine on a cold rainy Thursday at Hershey many years ago. There were not many of us willing to slop around in the rain and mud or it would have been gone then too.

16. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Cool story, glad to hear it from the seller. But I think it's funny that the winter front grille is going to be put on a roadster, in California no less. Weren't these devices intended to help control coolant temperature in very cold climates? Maybe I'm wrong though.

17. So call me dumb, but I'm new to this whole car thing. I have no idea what the real difference is between this grille and the normal one that a Roadster would have.

I don't really have an opinion on a criteria for being considered a hot rod or not but I do like the way all of the Roadsters look. Sure there are the wealthy guys out there that have the money to buy things like a grille that is priced "outrageous" to most of us, but sometimes its a guy that saves his cash and waits to buy what he really wants.Thats the way I got the cash for my car. I saved all my money when I was in Iraq and invested it while the rest of the country was going into a recession. I was lucky to not be in the country and to have a solid paycheck coming in twice a month.

Even if it is a wealthy guy that bought the piece, I think that its great that he's not being a total yuppie and buying only brand new Austin Martin, Mercedes, or Bentley's. People like Jay Leno pay these prices but they also keep these old vehicles on the road for all to see and remind us of less complicated times.

Oh yeah, Northern California gets cold and gets tons of snow. Thank god I live in the warmer part!

18. 1931modela

1931modela
    from montana

Ive been watching that as well. Was at ONLY $6500 when i saw it. WOW

19. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

If I have it right, the repro grille in roadster with fog lights was made by a company called Grille Art?

20. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

When I saw that blue deuce- reminded me of a Pines Winterfront I saw on a car several years ago. Nope. Not the same car. Same color though.
    [​IMG]

To all the Deuce price haters- you do know they made these for cars of "other" years......

And as far as paying big dollars for rare shit> how many here would buy this if they had the coin?
    [​IMG]

Or this
    [​IMG]

Or this
    [​IMG]

Or these?
    [​IMG]

Rare shit is expensive.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  21. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

22. hawleywood1

hawleywood1

Is the 32 winterfront still for sale? I would like to buy.

23. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I am happy to inform you I have the item you request in stock right now. Please send me a payment of $7500.00 via western union to:

Prince Mohabi Minitucca
    4211 Scammer Blvd
    Wombacto, Nigeria 12345

24. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

[​IMG]

25. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Stupid. The things aren't that cool. Frankly I think they're butt ugly. Just my opinion, I could be wrong, but I'm not. If you were putting a diamond in a goats butt, yeah go for it.

26. hawleywood1

hawleywood1

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1379563460.810682.jpg I would say that Winters Grille is bad ass

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

27. 5window

5window

I would say this thread is OLD

28. Yeah,amazing how that happens.:D HRP