Register now to get rid of these ads!

32' Vicky???

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by JESSEJAMES, Aug 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evilone0528

evilone0528

See my post on page 11.....HAHAHA

EVIL

2. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Skippy,
    Now this Vicky reminds me of a certain gasser style Vicky that used to roam around Long Beach back in the mid to late 60's that was painted a kinda cobweb blue metalic & owned by the late Don Thelen. Early Times Car Club Member. It was a very nice car, wonder where that one is now:confused:.
    Jesse,
    If ya did one like this, it would put you off the chart! Every street rodder would say"Man,why the f*ck did that guy do that to such a rare car:confused:" . Even better would be that you do this type of mod to a B-400 or a 32 sedan delivery. They're even rarer. The Deuce contingent would have a maltese cross burning & end up torching your buildings=:eek:.
    But they would be different enough to just get people thinking again.

Anyway, Welcome to the HAMB. I hope that you'll enjoy the ride and
    do a little voicing of opinion on here, just as everybody else does here.
    Been watching this post for about a week now to see just about how many people will voice their opinion regarding you;).

Here's mine. I'm not into most of the styles of bike that you build for yourself, but wtf-you probably wouldn't dig the early style bobber that I'd do because it may be too close to the main stream. (I did like the bike that Hank Young did with Hot Rod car parts on it though. That one was truly exceptional!;))
    I dig the fact that you actually get out there & pound your own tin,weld up your own frames & ride em for long distances right out of the box. I hate seeing you destroy stuff,(rules can be changed)-If Henry (Ford) would have destroyed every thing that failed 1st time out, we wouldn't have a Hot Rod of Bike industry. (i know that it makes for good TV,
    but it also makes you the BAD Guy!;))
    I shot you an email last week re: Garage Mag, I know what it is like to be busy, Hell that's why I'm up @ 4am shooting this deal off to you.
    I haven't had a reply- :confused:. Take some time out for yourself & filter though all of the spam mail & read the welcomes that you must have received
    and shoot a reply back;) :D .

There is a lot of cool stuff going on here & from a business owners stand point, this is our family,compadres as well as many of our friends who just happen to like the products that we bring to market,
    (Hell, I talk to some of these guys & gals more than I do family members:p).

I trust their opinions and where else could you have a product tested in real world atmosphere and get imediate feedback. It's a shitload better than paying some marketting firm. Thanx to Ryan & his crew, This place Rocks! He has made this phenominal and all of the "Big Guys" (publishers) want in on the action. Ryan keeps this place to be run by himself & his way.
    If ya want to hear what is up, you have come to the right place;)
    Again, Welcome & if I spot a doable Vick for you,I'll let ya know.
    Kevin

3. JESSEJAMES

JESSEJAMES

READING THE TABLOIDS AGAIN ARE YA??.....TRUST ME ITS BULLSHIT!

4. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Is every bit of public interaction like this for you? I would go nuts if everywhere I went people wanted either talk shit to me or blow me.

5. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

I was sitting with my daughter next to James Hetfield at the Mooneyes show 2 years ago...

I gotta tell you, I wouldn't last a week as a celebrity...

The questions that guy got over and over again, would have made me kill. Hell, I'm just about there most of the time anyway...

I didn't even say hi to Mr. Hetfield (I don't believe in acting like I know a dude just cause I heard a song or two), but I gotta say this, he had more patience than fans... That was cool to see. I don't think he even got to enjoy the show that much but he didn't rip anybody either...

...Then there's the replies to this post.... :)

6. 53burb

53burb

I've kicked it with Hetfield the past 2 MoonEyes Xmas shows. He is very kool and a gearhead. He never brings any of his rides down? Met Billy Gibbons there last year and I tell ya, just a hell of a guy and down to earth good 'ol Texas boy! He was kool with everyone there. It shocked the hell out of me when I saw this long ass bearded guy walking across the show lot and it was him. KNUX!

7. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Hey KNUX, are you a genuine celebrity stalker or do you just play one on the internet?

8. 53burb

53burb

I run into alot of people. You should see who I play hockey with. A shit load of actors. Right place at the right time or just timing I guess!!!!!!!!!!! KNUX!

9. 53burb

53burb

Is Simo' leg healed yet from laying that bike down?

10. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

Hey Jesse,

Well, I always liked you until you made my (at that time) 4 year old daugther run around the house incessantly saying....."If you live in Long Beach, you need a bad ride.....this is the baddest ride in Long Beach.....PAY UP SUCKA! CHOPPERS FOR LIFE!"....

....ahh what the hell, I forgive you. :) Welcome to the HAMB.

Mike

P.S. My wife used to be mistaken for Sandra Bullock!

11. sean72

sean72

Hey Jesse,

is this for the new die cast line? Looks very good man, I wished we could have produced that car. I used to work with Ken at Funline, I came down with him to your shop a few times.

Sean

12. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

well i guess ill chime in...

if i would meet ya id kick you in the nuts!!! there all you "wheres the haters "fags!! now shut the fuck up about it!!!!
    anywho on a serious note!! welcome man..great to have ya..
    now...do a HAMB auction [which all funds go back to the HAMB] with some kool shit ya got layin about....bet it would be as good as NORM'S HAMB KNOB did a couple weeks ago!!!:cool:
    and to all you pmer's leave the man alone!! he didnt come here to sign and mail autographs!!:rolleyes: ;)

i pmdya jesse:D just kiddin kids:p
    and as tingler sayed..do some tech and rock the board!!
    and if this wasnt jesse the how would he have posted those half nuddies of the wife on page 4?????

watch them run:D :D

13. Welcome to the HAMB,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I guess ya already figured out that there are a lot of loose nuts here!:rolleyes:

I was one of those guys who loved to HATE the Monster Garrage shows,,,,but damn,,,if I didn't end up watchin' anyway.

BTW,,,do ya still have that 32 roadster that ya did the donuts in front of your shop?

And one more observation,,,,,no one has called you a GOLDCHAINER,,a term used quiet a bit around the board for guys that own or prefer 32 Fords,,,,I am lookin' forward to seeing how your 32 Vicky takes shape...:D HRP

14. Firefly

Firefly

Is that you Stan???

LOL

15. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Welcome aboard Jesse. Can't wait to see this '32 of yours.

16. Its good you made yourself known on here, welcome... You will fit in well here.

17. spicoli

spicoli
    BANNED
    from in a house

cant help you out with the vicky but i got a friend who may. i will call him tomorrow

Attached Files:

18. drhotrodmd

drhotrodmd

Welcome to the nuthouse! I dont care what people think i still think you have alot of fun in life with all the bs that goes with it.

19. Darkharts

Darkharts
    from Corona

Just curious- As far as that expeirence went who did you work with the most and what did you take away from that place?

Im guessing with Larry in chassis fab? Karl should of been on your list since the time seems right. Pretty hard not to be amazed by any of the guys there during those years.

Since you've made yourself public i hope you don't mind the questions-What project during that time was the most interesting to you? People don't understand that shop was about as different from whats on tv now as you can get. Hot Rods by Boyd was the pinnacle at that time, any one involved with it during those years was lucky and a part of some amazing stuff.

For example the cadzilla or chezoom(brains cells on a break) was built off a full scale side view drawing and nothing more- How many guys can build a car to a picture on the wall?

In any case welcome and good luck- oh and up yours so the haters can be happy too!

How bout some welding tech?

danny

20. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

Welcome Jesse
    you are kind of an inspiration to me you got the skillz I wish I had to build some crazy crap I got banging around in my head.
    The thing I respect most is how you just do stuff you got the whole bluecollar worker/builder mentality which this country is losing.
    Where did you start learning welding and stuff?

21. TorqueWench58

TorqueWench58
    from Plano TX

Oh forgive him Jesse he's from St.Joseph MO. where everyone clames to be related to the original JJ.. I know I was rased up there and still have family there... My Great Grandma still say's were related .. but I'll be damn if I can figgure out how

22. Sticks

Sticks

Hey man, welcome.

This place just keeps getting cooler by the minute.
    Thanks for the show on the history of chopper/bikes it was very cool to see some of the old dudes getting some of the respect they deserve. My son and I also dug the MG shows.

Thanks
    Sticks

23. Welcome. What's up with the hydrogen-powered LSR attempt? Are you going green? What A/F ratio or Lambda they have the engine running on? How fast are you shooting for? Are the runs gonna be secret, or can I check it out? World Finals maybe? By the way, I was the 1st link in the chain that supplied the high-pressure regulators. I have a pipe dream to go for the hydrogen LSR- maybe someyear- as long as it's not too damn fast. Is BMW's record official? They said they weren't gonna get into it as a competition- funny effers.

Thanks,
    Kurt

24. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

welcome to the hamb from montpelier VT.

25. 53burb

53burb

This guy wants to challenge you to next years Onion Bowl at the HAMB Drags!!!!!!

Attached Files:

26. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

Ha Ha thats funny!!!! Hey welcome aboard Jesse...Hope you have lots of spare reading time :p

27. MustBnuts

MustBnuts
    from Toronto

So let me get this straight...Sandra is just sitting around in her whatever and JJ is tooling around here....NOT ...

wake up and smell the coffee JJ ....either way you got your priorities messed.

MustBnuts is my name but go ahead and use it you need it more!!!!!

28. leftcoast66

leftcoast66
    from Duvall

Jesse, I'll keep my eyes open for a Vicky, awesome work u do. I've used your work as a standard for myself and at 18 years old I've been doin damn good so far. Just wanted to say thanks for all the inspiration and bein a badass builder and person, keep it goin on. Last month I saw ur old shop, girlfriend's grandpa took me out to it cuz he knows I love your work. He's the guy who owns the property where Dan's marine shop or something was. It's also next to a Studebaker shop. He always tells me bout the cops always comin round ur old shop, makes me laugh, hell ya, pissin the world off. If ur needin a motor, lemme know, he may have some good leads on one since he used to build the drag motors and pro boat raced. Last month he sold an elephant motor from his drag boat to a guy who's gonna make it blown.

29. Nekronomicon

Nekronomicon

Question I have is are you going to stay around and actully contribute to the HAMB?? or are you just here cause your looking for a 32 vicky...

I'm sure you could write some good TECH articles.

30. JESSEJAMES

JESSEJAMES

DAMN HOMES!!....I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL YOU JUST SAID??....MAYBE YOUR ASS NEEDS THE SYLVAN ADVANTAGE!! http://www.educate.com/activities/familyfun.cfm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.