Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 32 upper column bearing

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by jdpaxton, Jan 26, 2021.

1. jdpaxton

jdpaxton

After a search here, I think I decided on the the F100 (1954 box) for the duece and with a new end taper and threads I should be able to use the 32 wheel and lock/ign. I have heard both ways on f100 not long enough or needs to be lengthened to match the original 32 length. My question is about the upper bearing just below the wheel. I will be using the 32 tube and wonder if that old style bushing should be upgraded with a ball bearing of some kind. Seems like someone offer a ball style to help lower the effort when parking etc.

2. rusty valley

rusty valley

wheel barrow bearing from the hardware store sits rite in there perfect

Tman likes this.
  3. Yup, our hardware stores have a great selection of bearings as well as delrin and oilight bushings. I have used them on the columns so far

Tdesoto276 likes this.

4. Doublepumper

Doublepumper
    from WA-OR, USA

I think the bearing you are referring to is Ford #21A-3517. They're available from several different outfits.

5. jdpaxton

jdpaxton

thanks to all

6. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

Dan Brusegard in MN his email is: [email protected]. He also sells them on EBAY but don't know his user name.