Register now to get rid of these ads!

32' truck firewall

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racemad55, Mar 2, 2010.

1. racemad55

racemad55

IS it much of a job to install a 32' firewall in a 33' or 34 ' ? anyone done this ?

2. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

Highly possible, the 33-34 are spotwelded in, but the shape of the opening is the same. Ive done the other way round. (33 firewall in 32 truck)

3. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

brain fart

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  4. BISHOP

BISHOP

Like Lowsquire said, same hole.

I like the 33-34 better.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. racemad55

racemad55

That's what I thought, thanks.

6. OCTANE ORPHAN

OCTANE ORPHAN
    from Ohio

Super easy, not much work at all, drill the spot welds on the 33-4, stiffen the lip, and throw the deuce wall in. If you are doing this to pull off the 32 look better have a 33 cab with the same revel on the rear of the cab.... Food for thought, The 33 and 34 have a little more leg room and I dont care how small you are, them cabs have no room! deuce frame and a full hood, no body will know the differ and you are comfy!

7. titus

titus

brookville sell the reinforcing ring that would go on one of their roadster, i would recoment installing one of those once you remove the 33/4 firewall, if that makes sense.

JEFF

8. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

Yeh unless you are dead set on a 32 firewall for looks, because you are running no hood, I wouldnt change it over. you will lose 3-4" of footroom, and as stated above, that is the difference between a local shows only car, and a long distance cruiser.
    your choice, but I wouldn't.

9. krylon32

krylon32
    Alliance Vendor
    from Nebraska

I've built 2 deuce pu trucks using 33 cabs and left the stock 33 firewall in both of them for legroom but also made it a lot easier to put heat & air up behind the dash. Almost 3 inchs more room. SBC fits between the Walker Cobra radiator and the firewall and I ran a manual fan and stock length hood.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  10. chop32

chop32

My cab is a combination of '33 and '34 parts, with a '32 firewall thrown in for good looks.
    Rather than fighting with drilling out spot welds, I just cut the stock firewall off flush with the lip of the cowl. Then I slipped the '32 firewall inplace and drilled the lip to intersect with the stock mounting holes in the firewall. A few 10-32 screws/nuts and some seam sealer and you are good to go!
    I just had to have the '32 firewall to go with the '32 frame, but sometimes I could use that extra 2-3" of legroom!

11. Gareth

Gareth
    from San Diego

Hey Lowsquire, do you still have the pickup at your shop? I wouldn't mind checking out the firewall in person. I have a 34 cab but no firewall yet and i'm tossing up which one to use.

12. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

Yes its still here, disasembled, but you are welcome to have a look.
    While a 32 firewall is available new for about 900, Id hunt around for a later truck one, S/Hand should be less than half that.and the reasons stated above.

13. I have a the ring set up that gets installed when converting from a 33/34 firewall to a 32 fire wall. I would be willing to sell it. PM if interested.