Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 three window dash guys crack me up!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Sep 19, 2004.

1. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

holy shit HAHAHAHAH

2. Spottty

Spottty
    from Calgary

$2200!!!!!!

Man, I want what he's smokin!

3. yeah, everything Bob has for sale is high priced...the funny thing is he will probabilly get it...he will sit on it until he does

4. and I wonder why I can't afford a deuce 3 window project..

5. origianl deuce stuff has gone through the roof in prices...this body was bought from the same guy for $30,000...body and frame only...i told the seller and the BUYER they were both nuts...but who listens to me?

6. SnoDawg

SnoDawg

[ QUOTE ]
    $2200!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

look you can finance it for only $94.00 a month

7. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

im going to cut the shity 3 window i have into 30 piceses and sell it for more cash the i can count on all my limbs

8. mecutem

mecutem

In regard to those 3 winder dashes....I need one for my 74 year old body. I personally checked out the brookville repro 3 window dash and don't see any way it can be different than the original piece. I would prefer a gennie but can't see paying 3 or 4 times more money for one. Im a veteran body man of 35 years and avid deuce collector and I can't tell the difference ....so who can? I'm gonna buy and use the brookville dash and I don't think anyone will ever ask..."is that the original dash in your car"? Just my opinion Steve

9. [ QUOTE ]
    In regard to those 3 winder dashes....I need one for my 74 year old body. I personally checked out the brookville repro 3 window dash and don't see any way it can be different than the original piece. I would prefer a gennie but can't see paying 3 or 4 times more money for one. Im a veteran body man of 35 years and avid deuce collector and I can't tell the difference ....so who can? I'm gonna buy and use the brookville dash and I don't think anyone will ever ask..."is that the original dash in your car"? Just my opinion Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

How right yopu are sir. I was just about to say that the brookville parts are gonna put a sting in to the guys wanting 3 and 4 grand for dashes and garnish mlgs. I have seen the "New" parts, and once installed in the car you won't be able to tell the difference.

Actually the new 3 window body from Brookville is going to be REAL nice. I have visions of chopping one [​IMG]

Stay tuned [​IMG]

10. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[ QUOTE ]
    In regard to those 3 winder dashes....I need one for my 74 year old body. I personally checked out the brookville repro 3 window dash and don't see any way it can be different than the original piece.

Just my opinion Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

The one I saw did not have the cigarette lighter hole................not a big issue because a lot of rodders fill the hole anyway [​IMG] but it was noticeable.

[​IMG]

11. Not that I'll ever have enough money for a '32, but is there a difference between 3 window dashes and 4dr. sedan dashes?

12. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

13. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[ QUOTE ]
    Not that I'll ever have enough money for a '32, but is there a difference between 3 window dashes and 4dr. sedan dashes?

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]

The 3 window dash has a glove box door and a cigarette lighter .....and is way different.

The 4 door uses a closed car dash..........and their are different variations of it ( Tudor, Fordor, 5 window are some examples of 'closed cars'

Roadster and Phaeton use the same dash.

The 3 window body was made by Murray and almost nothing on it works on the others.... [​IMG]

14. Fucking insane. People like that don't make cars fun. Unless you're filthy rich.

15. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

That's not bad. Did you see the 18" artillery wheels (divco?) on the bay? 2 wheels with something like a 4000$ reserve.

These guys will be left holding the bag like the guys that paid millions for their Ferrai's in the 90's only to find the market disapear. When this craze subsides the speculators will have egg on their face and very expensive wall art that nobody wants anymore.

16. $650 for a glovebox door??? He should be committed. I need a glovebox door for a 33/34 and I won't pay the $100 to $200 they want for them. I'm gonna make my own for just about nothing. I guess I'm just a cheap ass.
    Clark

17. Muttley

Muttley

If that one is worth that much I wonder how much my friend could get for his? It looks about the same but it has an opening on both sides. He said is from the Euro model '32.

18. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

That dual-glovebox Deuce dash is something that I'd really like to see a picture of. I hadn't heard of them.

Dave
    http://www.roadsters.com/

19. Muttley

Muttley

It's in this:
    [​IMG]
    Sorry I dont have any pics of the dash right now, I'll get one next time I see him.

20. [ QUOTE ]
    origianl deuce stuff has gone through the roof in prices...this body was bought from the same guy for $30,000...body and frame only...i told the seller and the BUYER they were both nuts...but who listens to me?

[/ QUOTE ]

what's it worth now? that black one is a six figure car easily. I bet he's glad he didnt listen to you.

21. Hey Muttley, is that Clam Chowder's car? I haven't seen him or it in about 5 years! you all heading to the Hot Rod Reunion???

Skip

22. Muttley

Muttley

Yep, thats Jim's. I have no idea if he's going or not. I'm going to try and make it but I'm not sure if I'll be able to yet.

23. OK guys, Line up. Heres my 32 European dash.Only difference as far as i can see is the lack of a square background
    around the oval instrument hole.

24. forgot the pic

Attached Files:

25. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

'32 dashes: Roadster/phaeton, three window, pickup, roadster pickup, and regular closed car are all different and not easily interchangeable. I believe the two-glovebox model is British '32. British '32's came in some American body styles and in sedans with suicide doors peculiar to England, and were made for 2 or 3 years after '32. European '32's came from both British and US sources, sometimes depending on import tax differences, and from various European assembly plants using mostly US sourced parts. US cars are commonest in the small countries that didn't have a local auto industry to protect.

26. klazurfer

klazurfer

What was sold in Europe could be anything from a US made `32 ( As you Americans know it ) to a very different lookin` car made in one of many "foreign" Ford-plants . England , Poland , Denmark , Sweden(?) and so-on ... Most `32 Fords sold New in Norway was assembled in Denmark , and part from the Body & rear fenders , the rest is like a US-made `32. Take a look at the pix I have included . "`32 Ford " made in Poland back in `34 !! Same Tudor-body as the Danish/English-made cars , BUT with skirted front fenders & a `33 lookin`dash ..

Attached Files:

27. klazurfer

klazurfer

DASH

Attached Files: