Register now to get rid of these ads!

'32 Stash In Argentina

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crafty, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Crafty

Crafty
    from UK

Thought some of you might like this...

Pics

A guy over here was advertising for some stuff he wanted, about a year later he got this mail..

"I seen your ad on a web site. Im locted in Argentina and I have a many 1932 5
    windows bodies for sale. I attached some pics. I also have a barn fresh 1932
    Ford Victoria and virtually every single 1932 body. I have many other pics if
    you want.
    Let me know.
    Juan"

Followup :

The price for the 1932 5 windows body without running gear is 7700 U$S. I have 5 of them and I can make a special price for all of them. For the 1932 2 doors Victoria, barn fresh complete I want 15000 U$S. Everything is ready for exportation.

I didn't know that stuff get got exported there, I was wondered where from - the pics show some is LHD and some is RHD.. are these english or US bodies ?

2. AV8Paul

AV8Paul
    Member Emeritus

Man, now my pee pee is all wet!

3. BUICKS38

BUICKS38

Yep some guys just have it all

4. Pete

Pete

I suppose it would cost a lot of $$ to ship the 32 5 window to Boston or somewhere on the US's East coast.

Pete-

5. Dirty2

Dirty2

I wonder if this is another scam ???

6. Argentina was originally a right hand drive (like England)country. 32 Fords were assembled inn Argentina from parts imported from the States. They were also imported assembled. The imported cars were left hand drive and the assembled cars were right hand drive.

About 20 years ago I checked out a 32 Ford roadster imported from Argentina. One of my Dad's sea captain friends brought it back to restore. I think he got a big break on shipping. As I recall it was very complete and, other than the right hand steering, it looked identical to US production.

The guy seems to know what his stuff is worth.

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

Crafty, Thanks for the link, great looking stuff, I wonder if this is the same guy that is building the twoman (Indy-like) race cars down there? From what I can see in the photos that looks like good stuff. About 20-25 years ago I got to work on a lot of cars that came out of Argentina, to say thay had the shit kicked out of them was being kind. There were a lot of blacksmith type repares on them and bondo, or a home made version that was used freely. I'd ask around and find a broker that knows how to pull all the paperwork and get the shipping all lined up and go from there. I used a wheel off a 1931 Ford Tudor Pheaton that came out of Argentina for the base of my mailbox. Welded it to a bent T torque tube and it has worked just fine for the last 26 years. [​IMG]

8. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

If someone was serious it would be worth a plane trip down..followed up by a car hauler..

9. booboo

booboo
    1. oHIo

OMG thats insane......i mean .... heck i dint know what to say...WOW.....

10. kustomkoupe

kustomkoupe

i bought my 32 frame at hershey from a guy from argentina...he had a decent 32 tudor sedan body with him and a 32 cabrolet...my frame has the hole in the right side for the steering to mount

i dont think his name was juan but maybe thats his connection? or it could be him, im not sure

zach

11. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

GO to Kaplans
    He is a doctor in Argentina and always has neat cars for sale, shipping prices are listed on them, prices are usually real good. He's had quite a few 32-34 fords.

12. That kaplans place is like WOW! All those 32's from the other guy is un-friggen-believable...wonderful to know stuff like that in that condition keeps coming up!

13. The37Kid

The37Kid

Zach, Was that the Gold '32 Cabrolet with the Dayton wire wheels? If so he may have all the shipping problems worked out.

14. luckyluciani

luckyluciani

15. luckyluciani

luckyluciani

half of my family lives in Argentina if anyone needs help to make sure you are not being scam let me know if i can help !! Rocky luciani USNR.

16. 16 years too late.
    The scammer is probably dead or in jail by now.