Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 32 starter button/cable ideas

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by hb32, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Pickup was an original banger so I have the start cable in the column drop. thoughts were to utilize it with the flathead. Anyone else accomplished anything along the same line? Sure I could resort to a momentary push button but want something unique.

2. I would just use the stock floor mounted one for the V8.

Charlie Stephens

harpo1313 likes this.
  3. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Since the stock pull cable type switch is pretty much dependent on the top of the starter, try to find a simple pull type momentary switch and use it to ground a '37-48 solenoid. That will function better than original '32 systems, look right in the cockpit, and work more smoothly than any direct contact switching system.

4. Thanks for your input Bruce and have used your suggestions in the past. I was thinking along the same lines and researching a switch. I was reading posts on solenoids as well and trying to figure out which one I need but you just helped me there as well. I really want to utilize the pull cable for the looks.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. How bout a flintstones style remote.
    Push a remote control button,a bird comes out of it and pushes the on button with its beak..
    Thatll be unique.
    img_1760.jpg
    It would weight a couple of stones but it would rock¡

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    brEad likes this.
  6. lowrd

lowrd

Check into a starter switch for a 50's Hillman sedan. If I recall correctly, it's a pull to activate the starter. Probably Lucas though, so be careful.