Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 32 Roadster Build Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by cully33, Jun 28, 2013.

1. well I be a monkeys bald butt uncle , this is the coolest thing I have seen in a while. Keep up the good work.

2. Well that one made me laugh.

3. 296ardun

296ardun

Really like the workmanship, first class (and yes, the above monkey's butt comment made me laugh too!)

4. Rear end back in with shorted tube, drive shaft will be cut same amount as tube and sent to local machine shop for new spline to be cut.

[​IMG]

48 Bones installed with locator lug removed from cut out tube section and tacked in place.

[​IMG]

I installed a 48 rear spring, machined up some bushings so I could use 3/4" shackle bushings.

[​IMG]

5. I pushed the rolling chassis out of the shed to get a better look at the new stance, with the A front cross member and So Cal reverse eye spring the front end came down 5 1/2" from stock, I like running the stock un-dropped axle. The rear end with the flattened rear cross member and 48 spring came down about 3" I will sit the body back on next to get an overall look at the stance, make sure I am happy with it before proceeding anymore.

[​IMG]

6. Thanks I try my best.

7. 63Compact

63Compact

Looking good nice job on the rear end.

8. Doin the Aussies proud...keep em comin dude !

Rat

9. alchemy

alchemy

With that flattened rear crossmember, it is going to sit low back there. Looks like you only have a few inches back there now, and no body is on it yet.

10. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Are you going to keep the steering wheel on the left as it should be ? :D

11. Thanks Guys.

12. I originally fitted the rear spring that came with the roadster on the 35 rear end and yes it was too low I could bounce up and down on the rear spreader bar and get the bump stops to hit the axle bells.
    I had the 48 spring so I tried it and it looks good I have since fitted the body back on and done the bounce test with 2 people, bump stops don't hit.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  13. Body sat back on just to check ride height and stance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Nobey

Nobey

Nice roadster, and really nice work Cully. Glad to see your home and
    doing what you love. Rich

15. Richard, good to here from you, did you get your pickup finished ?? and are you taking it to Bonneville this year.
    Cully

16. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Looks great. Wouldn't change a thing if it were mine. So, can I have it?

17. Sorry mate I'm a bit attached to it at the moment

martinl likes this.
  18. fnjunk

fnjunk
    from Australia

Looking good, looking forward to seeing your next move.
    There are some bloody cool rods in W.A.
    I must head over to one of your show some time soon, will have to do some research.

19. Yes will be keeping it L/H drive same as my coupe.
    But with the crazy rules and regulations over here for hot rods the only way I can get it licensed L/H drive is to get it registered as an original car.
    So I will be fitting full fenders, same size wheels and tries etc, etc once licensed fenders will be removed, big little tries back on plus some other changes.
    The really sad part about it is the cops don't really care or know the rules for hot rods, it's enforced by some narrow minded so called hot rodders.
    Who like to try and tell you how you can build your car.
    I did the same process when I built my 32 coupe, as it was such an original car when I got, there was no way I was having anybody telling me to convert it to R/H drive.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    Dedsoto likes this.

20. Going have to wait for updates I'm am away with work at the moment will not be back home until early March so this is it for now until I get back home and get back into it.

21. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Fair enough. Keep up the great work.

22. Great build, perfect stance.

23. cheesegrater

cheesegrater
    from california

You got very lucky pal that the way you rigged the picking of the body that you didnt snap the windshield posts;Suggestion before putting on make a "SPREADER" bar so it picks the posts in a straight line you got lucky once dont press your luck again it would be ashamed to drop that body over not wanting to spend a little time to make something to lift it correctly

24. HelmuthBrothers

HelmuthBrothers
    from New Jersey

Really love this car! Work is top notch!

25. Thanks Guys.

26. Point taken and I will make a spreader bar to be on the safe side.
    However I was lifting from 4 points so the weight was evenly distributed If I thought the post would not handle it I would not have lifted from there.
    But your comments have been taken onboard and I will make a spreader bar, better to be safe than sorry.

27. bonesy

bonesy

I love this car - looking great.

28. Looking good!!! I'm subscribing

29. Swap you Bonesy

30. I'm watching your 3 window build Mike, you can see where your tach drive is going.