Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 32 Roadster Build Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by cully33, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Dennis, the trip out to LA with the Bones boys would have been a blast, you must have had a grin from ear to ear, cruisin down the highway with Kathy riding shotgun.
    The trip out to Bonneville will also be a blast, I have great memory's meeting you there in 2013 for the 65th anniversary, would love to come back again one day.
    As for the shop and doing work on other peoples hot rods I am still thinking about it. Will all depend on how my employment goes, would only be interested in taking on 1 or 2 projects at a time though.
    Your mate Cully

2. Hi Blue One, well employment has not been so great since loosing my job back in May 2015 with the down turn in the oil industry, but I am not the only one 100s of thousands have been layed of world wide directly and indirectly involved in the industry. I did manage to pick up 1 months work in South Africa back in September 2015 but as far as income goes for me that has been it.
    I have since been employed by a company this April to do audits on rigs that oil company's are thinking of hiring, they flew me to Singapore for training, but I am still waiting to go on my first job. I have been told it will be later this month for 1 weeks work in the UAE, with a possible 4 more coming up but as yet not confirmed, as much as I am truly lucky to pick up this job in a industry that has been hard hit, I am not on a retainer only on a day rate for days that I actually work.
    Hence as my mate Dennis mentioned above I have been thinking about taking on other peoples projects once my shed/shop is finished and set up how I want it.
    Cully

3. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Thanks and good luck with all of the plans and possible work too.
    It's true that the oil industry has been hit hard all over.
    Here in Alberta we have been hit as well and in my position training welders for the oil patch etc we are seeing student numbers drop as a result.
    I'm fortunate to be able to stay where I am until retirement in a few years.

I'm thinking that the oil industry will rebound eventually so hang in there.

In the meantime I'll continue being jealous of your shop every time I go out to work on the RPU in my little 24x 26 garage :)

4. Retroline

Retroline

Don't know how I ever missed this thread. I love this build, simple and effective.
    Hope all is well on the work front, your new home and shed look great.

cully33 likes this.
  5. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Love the build and hope to see you back on it thanks for posting

cully33 likes this.
  6. RigorMorris

RigorMorris

Badass 3 window

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

cully33 likes this.
  7. Hey mate.....How are thing down under? Long time no talk to ya. All is well on this end as spring has arrived at last. So that means it was time to get the hot rods out and have some fun. Drove the 3 window down to Austin Texas to the Lone Star round up. It was my first time attending this event and I may say it was a total blast! Tons of great hot rods, great BQ and lot's of rock & roll everywhere you went.
    Tell the wife hello for me.....Dennis

cully33 likes this.
  8. Well I did not expect to see this thread bumped especially since I have not made any more progress in such a long time, but thanks for your comments guys. I hope to be getting back into this build later on this year, have been so busy with the new place and trying to things done around here the roadster has just had to wait.
    I want to get the new shed fully organized before I start work on any car projects so I am presently constructing a mezzanine deck in the shed which I plan to enclose 1/2 of it for a man cave and the rest with shelving for parts storage, the underneath area will be my workshop and welding area, leaving the rest of the shed floor space free and uncluttered just for cars. Anyway once I start back on the build I will update this thread.
    DSCF0246.JPG DSCF0247.JPG

9. Hi Dennis, good to here from you again, sounds like you are having a blast with your 3 window, I did see some pics of it at the Lone Star round up, looking good my friend stay in touch hope to catch up again one day all the best to you and Kathy.