Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 32 Roadster Build Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by cully33, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Cully,
    How was the swap meet? My guess is you came home with a pocket full of $$ as I know you had some good stuff for sale. I went to one a few days ago and found nothing at all. Sure miss the old days when you could find all kinds of good parts and a guy would run out of $$ before making it all the way around the meet.
    Take care mate...

2. Hi Dennis, well unfortunately I did not end up going, as the forecast was for thunder storms and rain, did not want to get all my goods wet, so will have to wait until the next swap so no pocket full of $$ for me.
    Cully

3. fnjunk

fnjunk
    from Australia

Hey Cully any movement mate?
    Been Waiting patiently for your next move.

4. Sorry have not got a lot to update, have been busy working on the house will update when I have a bit more done.

5. louisb

louisb

Wow, great build so far.

--louis

6. Can hardly wait.

7. Hardly worth updating but I managed to complete the emergency brake, truth is I have purchased a new property so have been busy with my current property getting it ready for sale, hence work on the roadster has come to a virtual stop. That and the fact that the new property has no shed/workshop, once I sell my place all my cars will have to go into storage until I can get the funds together to build a new workshop, but I hope to get a bit more done before that happens.
    Anyway this is how I did my emergency brake, I had this bell crank in my shop not sure where I got it from or what it is off, something with rear brakes only possibly a model T.
    It needed a few mods to suit my needs so will let the pics tell the story.
    DSCF4079.JPG DSCF4148.JPG DSCF4150.JPG DSCF4154.JPG

8. Nobey

Nobey

Good to hear from you again Cully, hope it won't be long before your shop is up and running.

9. Before and after shots.
    DSCF4147.JPG DSCF4176.JPG

10. K member drilled to suit new bell crank and bolted in place, threaded a piece of lathe stock for clevis, using a stock 42 - 48 cable and cable horseshoe form a junkyard 80s Ford Falcon.
    DSCF4186.JPG DSCF4188.JPG DSCF4190.JPG

11. fnjunk

fnjunk
    from Australia

Love your work Cully.
    Hope you don't mind but I'd like to copy a few of your mods when building my coupe.
    Congratulations on the new home.
    You could always save your self building that new shed just by sending a couple if those rods my way.

Shit just got real.

12. I call the the '36 !!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. fnjunk

fnjunk
    from Australia

Sorry DeLuxe 36, the 3 window and roadster were both on my list
    Hopefully Cully will throw in a couple of those enamel signs too if he has no where to display them.

14. How about I take the 5 window, you have the roadster and we can share the 36 ?? You can have the signs.

15. hot-rod

hot-rod

wow...what a great thread. thumbs up :D

16. WHAT!!!!!!!!!!

NO SHED??????

17. fnjunk

fnjunk
    from Australia

C
    Cool I can live with that.

18. Thanks Rich, hope to have a bigger better shop once things settle down and I have the funds.

19. Guys stop trying to divvy up my stuff :D, it's just going to be a temporary shut down.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  20. Thanks glad you like it.

21. PM sent Dennis you are the first to see the new place.

22. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

Just wondering what front window frame that was that came off your roadster if it was original version or after market
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1420423899.926482.jpg
    Mine is a 32 frame on my 31 roadster with modified top piece
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1420423969.780301.jpg

From Austinrod

509garyd likes this.
  23. It's an after market unit with 2" chop came with the roadster when I got it.

24. Love this build! Brings back a lot of memories. :cool:

25. Thanks, I really enjoyed your Coleman Coupe build, if my roadsters turns out 1/2 as nice as your coupe I will be a happy man.

26. Thanks! Check out my roadster build. That is what you roadster remined m
    Thanks! You have a nice build going on. Check my roadster build, that is what your roadster reminded me of.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/time-for-roadster-refurbish-hiboy.637287/ Good luck with the rest of the project! Mark

27. Awsome '32' roadster, I have just spent the last 2 hours reading your updates and love your attention to detail and craftsmanship. Good work man....

28. Thanks glad you like it, I appreciate all comments.

29. waxhead

waxhead
    from West Oz

Cully, glad to see that you are still making a little progress. You might have to sell off some of your cool collectibles to fund the new shed. Do you have any cool old banger parts ;):D

Good luck with the move into the new property

30. rpm56

rpm56

Top shelf work you do there Cully, congrats. What are the black brackets used for on the legs of the engine hoist? IMG_20150107_080209.JPG