Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 radiator and grill with model a cross member

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 36el, Oct 3, 2012.

1. 36el

36el
    from sweden

I am installing my radiator in a 32 frame with model a cross member, does some one have any pictures how you solved this thank full oh help

Regards
    Peter

2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Not exactly what you have, but I have a 32 grille shell on a model a frame. I had the radiator people (The Brassworks) make the radiator with a 32 top tank and a model a bottom tank. That gave me the correct mounts so it could be bolted down to the model a crossmember.

Don

3. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don...He may be asking for a height spec as well. (the '32 rails ascend about 1.25" from the firewall to the front cross member)

Yes, that bottom '32 tank would interfere with the flatter Model A cross member!

4. Not really sure I understand you question,,but I used a Model A cross member under my Deuce frame and used a 32 radiator and shell without any modifications. HRP

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

I don't know whether it bears on this problem, but '28-9 radiator mounts on crossmember are about 1/4" higher than '30-31.

6. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I've never seen a 32 lower tank. I guess it is a different shape than a model a lower tank ? As I recall ( I had this radiator built over 20 years ago) when I called the Brassworks and told them what I was doing they told me to send them inside dimensions of my grille shell (shell is chopped 8.5 inches) and that they would put the model a lower tank on. When I got it the thing bolted right up.

I can see where height may also be an issue if you are not chopping the shell, like I did.

Don

7. I used a Walker radiator(stock height) although I did mount the cross member at the lowest point,,so there was about 1/2" between the top of the frame and the top of the cross member,,I boxed that in. HRP