Register now to get rid of these ads!

32' model a's????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by telecaster_6, Nov 22, 2007.

1. telecaster_6

telecaster_6

I just picked up a sport coupe body and frame in pieces. After looking at the mess closer, i see that there are 32 hubs the chassis.....So....start looking at a model A production info handout from the Henry Ford, and see that model A's were produced on through march of 32'.

Anyone know what, if any "duece" parts were intalled on these model A's?

2. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Many years ago one of the restorer type mags said the last A was built in 1941 (for use on the Ford estate) ?

3. None.

But hot rodders have been trying to put '32 parts on them ever since!

Sam.

4. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Late production Model A's were essentially pure Model A's...not mixed with '32 parts. The exception would be some AA stuff kept in production overseas... I think the British built AA's for several extra years, with B engines and into a period with '34 full floater rear axle. My info on this stuff is very incomplete and confused--but british Ford followed its own path on lots of things.
    Russia is also an exception, but I view those as GAZ, not Ford, because they bought the design and tooling and then followed their own path of development not related to Ford stuff at all.