Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 32 Hiboy- "My 32 Spitfire"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32 Spitfire, Feb 7, 2009.

1. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Part #43 "Finally out of the Hangar!"

We finally pulled the 32 Spitfire out of the hangar for the very first time this weekend! She ran well and shifted nice too. We still have some tweaking on the carbs, but I'm very pleased with everything.

We started last July on her and here we are. Our very first show will be at The Goodguys in Columbus, Ohio on July 10-12 and hope to meet some of you there!

32 Spitfire

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few"

Winston Churchill

Attached Files:

2. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

32 Spitfire, Now this is what I've waiting for, That looks the ''Bloody Bollocks'' as we say!I really like the 3/4 front picture, shows off the Roadster a treat!The stance is SPOT-ON too.Congratulations my friend one stunning Hot Rod!:D:)
    It was worth the wait too by the way!:)
    Nick.

3. matt--8

matt--8

now thats a hotrod! sweet ride man i love that bench bomber seat as well crazy cool! have fun with it! :D

4. Frenchy32

Frenchy32
    from arizona

Beautifull 32 great job. I cant wait to have mine done as well.
    Frenchy

5. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

60'shotrod,

This photo is for you! Lets take the "32 Spitfire" back to the late 40's and those young pilots just returning after the war. Thanks again for all your encouragement!

Thanks Frenchy32 & matt--8 too!!

32 Spitfire

Attached Files:

6. 30 Buford

30 Buford
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow what a nice job. The Rod really came out nice and in a short time too. Being the son of a Army air Corp WW2 vet ,I can really appreaciate the finished car. I wish he was still around to see it. Great work, Bruce

7. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

32 Spitfire, As I saw your pictures of the complete Deuce there was on my T.V. a programme about the BBMF and their fleet of Spitfires, Hurricanes and a Lancaster how spooky is that?That black and white pictutre is just plain GREAT!Thank you to you for helping to keep the flame lite for these Heros.

Nick.

8. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

30 Buford,

I really wish your father was here to see it. I dedicated this car to the "few" Americans who risked it all to fly with the RAF before the US entered the war. However, I hope it somehow honors all the WWII vets!

I just read a Fox News report that around 1000 WWII vets pass away every single day...this "32 Spitfire" is for them!

32 Spitfire

Attached Files:

9. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Holy MOLY! I'm just seeing this, for some reason!

What a beautiful roadster!! The attention to detail is spot on! You really did a great job of capturing the "spitfire feeling" without going too far! You must be very excited! Fantastic car!

We're only missing one thing now.... VIDEO!

Great job! Hope I get to see it in person one day!

Cheers!

10. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

32 Spitfire, Well said my friend Well said and Scooter is right we NEED a video!:D:)

Nick.

11. Looks great and congrats on its maiden voyage.

12. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Thanks everyone! I'm not too sure about a video...I do a lot of still photography though.

However, I forgot to mention that Doug and I will have the "32 Spitfire" at the Goodguys show in Columbus, Ohio Friday July 10-12 and hope to meet some of you there. Maybe someone could video it there... its first public show. We will have a special surprise for our English friends so you all come on over!

32 Spitfire

13. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

32 Spitfire, Go on put it on U-tube, you know it makes sense!:D:)

Nick.

14. Keep

Keep

I just read the whole thread, I cannot add anything that has not been said already.

Nice tribute, Nice build.

15. trestles126

trestles126

Heres a token of my appreciation for the quick PM reply to my question and your build in general. Just a lil photoshoping hope you enjoy. Still fairly new to Photoshop used your picture for practice

Attached Files:

16. THE BRONSON

THE BRONSON

Nothing but top shelf production here, this thing is outstanding gents!

17. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

trestles126,

Thanks for the photoshop work on the "32 Spitfire"! That is really a classic look.

Thanks also to 60'shotrod, Keep and nosnorb we really appreciate that!

Hoping to meet some of you at the Goodguys on July 10, 11 & 12 at Columbus, Ohio.

32 Spitfire

18. Harms Way

Harms Way

I had to have a little fun myself,..... I love this lil' roadster,.. nice work !

[​IMG]

or this one,......

[​IMG]

19. Harms Way

Harms Way

Two more just for fun,......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Harms Way

Harms Way

Yeah I know,..... :eek: but this is the last one I promise,..... here is both effects put together,.... :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Thank you Harms Way,

Those photos really look "40's"......very well done!

How about you photoshop experts create a photo of the "32 Spitfire" with a real Spitfire in the background. One photo flying in the back ground and one on the ground with the "32 Spitfire".

Thanks to everyone and have a great weekend!

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the Goodguy's show in Columbus, Ohio on July 10,11 & 12th.

32 Spitfire

22. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

I had a local girl by the name of Debra do a little Photoshop work for me and she did a really nice job on this poster. I'm now going to use it at the Goodguy's Show in Columbus, Ohio next week.

By the way the "32 Spitfire" will be at the Brookville Roadster booth so please stop by and say hello!

Have a great 4th of July!

32 Spitfire

Attached Files:

23. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

32 Spitfire, Great poster!

Nick.

24. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Thanks Nick!

Frank Wallic is currently working on the interior door panels and the shifter/emergency brake cover. We should have it all installed for the Goodguy's show in Columbus next week.

See you all in Columbus next week! (We will be at the Brookville booth)

32 Spitfire

25. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Happy Fourth of July!

I just picked up my leather flight jacket (US Wings) that Dave Clark owner of Crowtown CustomZ (www.crowtowncustomz.com) painted for me. Dave's lucky it's not 1940 with those Spitfires coming in with the sheet metal still warm and having to piant them in between sorties!

See you all in Columbus next week at the Goodguy's show. The "32 Spitfire" will be at the Brookville booth.

32 Spitfire

Attached Files:

26. mr.smith

mr.smith

27. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

32 Spitfire, Nice leather jacket, it will go perfectly with your Roadster!

Nick.

28. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

#44 "Shift & Emergency Brake Cover and Door Panels"

Last weekend when most of us were enjoying the 4th with friends and families Frank Wallic better known as "Rosie the Riveter" was in his shop making custom door panels and a custom shift cover for the "32 Spitfire". Frank wanted to dress her up for the Goodguy's show tomorrow in Columbus, Ohio!

There are over 600 rivets per door panel!!! The last photo with the early morning sun rays shows off those golden rivets.

Thank-you Frank....what an artist! [email protected]

32 Spitfire

29. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Here are the photos!

See you all tomorrow at the Brookville booth!

Attached Files: