Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 32 Hiboy- "My 32 Spitfire"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32 Spitfire, Feb 7, 2009.

1. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Frenchy,
    It was selected at the Good Guy's Show in Columbus, Ohio, in July and was filmed off premise. Tim Bernsau from Street Rodder did a superb job on the article, and I did submit several of the photos also.

Thanks for the compliments and Merry Christmas to everyone.

32 Spitfire

2. vendettaautofab

vendettaautofab
    Member Emeritus

You have a nice roadster there... you should be proud.

3. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

This past winter (and it was a long one!) we made a couple adjustments to the hood panels, installed restored vintage Guide lights and added a riveted trim edge to the rubber flooring. (Thanks to my good friend Frank Wallic for making them up for me).

Happy Spring to Everyone!

32 Spitfire

Attached Files:

4. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

The spring sun warms up the "32 Spitfire" cockpit!

Attached Files:

5. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

the ole Flathead warms my ears....

32 Spitfire

Attached Files:

6. jamesville

jamesville
    from Copehagen

hi 32,

i wanted to thank you for the thought behind this car, i am an englishmen who lived in America for fifteen years and i can not tell you how many times some idiot would turn around and shout 'we saved your ass in the war'.

little do they know that we had been at war for 3 years before America joined and had already defeated hitler in the air, thanks to that little airplane we all love the 'spitfire' and of course the 'Few'. To me the bravest men of WWII are the men that left their countries (many were not at war at that time) and came to the aid of England in our 'Finest hour'.

i thank those American's but also all men from all the other countries too - polish, new zealands, canadians, czechs, Aussies, belgians, south africans, french, irish, jamaicans, Rhodesians and palestine.

you are a man that knows his history, thank you.

7. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

jamesville,

Thank you for the very nice comments.

My goal in building this car was to honor the Spitfire and all the men who flew them. The "Few" who volunterred like you said from all over the world were very special indeed.

Here is a photo with it in front of a B-17 and my goal some day is to have it photographed in front of a Spitfire.

Thanks again!

32 Spitfire

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533994&highlight=32+spitfire

8. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

32 & b-17

Attached Files:

9. nolly

nolly

Really nice 32,32 Spitfire! & props to to you for dedicating it to those that served in the Spitfire.I live near RAF Northolt,west London,& every summer there is a Spitfire & a Hurricane chasing each other over our skies,its quite a site & the sound is breathtaking!!
    I don't know if you imbibe ,but shirley:rolleyes: you should have some of this on your shelf,NOT in the fridge!!:p even if you don't, you could
    just have them on display!:rolleyes: Its one of my favourites!! It was brewed to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Battle of Britain!!
    There's more stuff here,enjoy!!;)
    http://www.spitfireale.co.uk/

[​IMG]

10. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Hey nolly,

Thanks! That Spitfire Ale sounds very good indeed...cold right out of fridge of course. I'll try to round some up. Their website is way too cool with some very neat history on the Spitfire and the Battle of Britain. I'd love to get a photo of my "32 Spitfire" on it. Here it is on a recent Classic Instrument ad.

Hopefully I can tip a "Spitfire Ale" soon!

32 Spitfire

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=505653&highlight=32+spitfire

Attached Files:

11. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

This weekend we had a special guest stay with us. David is an intern from Lithuania working in the Marketing Department with my wife. I asked him if he would like to take a ride in my 32. He said yes and we were soon off on a mission!

We drove through Amish Country and then on the way home he drove my wifes BMW Z3. (I think he kinda liked it better.....it takes a few years for "Old School" to set in...ha!!)

32 Spitfire

Attached Files:

12. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Ready to fly!!

As always it was fun to drive through Amish Country and see them stop what they were doing and give us a "thumbs up" or motion for us to blow the horn. They really love cool cars and I think the word is out about the crazy Englishman!

32 Spitfire

13. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

the photo:

Attached Files:

14. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

COOL Man, cool as Heck!

Nick.

15. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Back in the hangar.....

thanks 60'shotrod

32 Spitfire

Attached Files:

16. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Some damn hanger, you could get a Super Marine Spitfire in there!

Nick.

17. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Attached Files:

18. dad-bud

dad-bud

Just found this with a link in a link - very nice hot rod.
    The concept has been done, but this one's a winner.
    Thanks for sharing. ;)

19. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Attached Files:

20. white64

white64
    from Maine

off topic but a spitfire needs one of these....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm8siIewj5U The you tube link to it, in the background was my 38 Plymouth that burned to the ground on the Mass Pike, There are a lot of pics in the HAMB about that....