Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 32 guys can you identify this radiator for me?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stovebolt, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

I advertised elasewhere looking for a 32 radiator top tank, and received these pictures.

I was told it was off a 32 4 cylinder car. I've never seen a top tank like it.

So, is anyone able to confirm that it is a 32 4 cylinder passenger car radiator?

Attached Files:

2. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

yes that is what it is, just walked out to the shop and looked at my 4cyl 32 rad. identical.

3. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Thanks Ben - I should have asked out here before I asked in the US ;)

I know someone who is after a top tank tosuit a V8, and I have a spare 3031 radiator that could be modified to suit a flathead - so it looks like we will swap, afterall all I need is one to suit an inline:eek:;)

4. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

B radiator cores are 2 3/32 thick, V8s are 2 3/4.Number of rows varies by manufacturer for either.

5. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

Forgot, early ones have equal sized slots for radiator cap[can fit either way], later ones have different sixed slots in neck with a cap to match so cap only fits one way.

6. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Greg, thanks for that useful information - I never knew the difference in dimensions between radiators.

Still on that steep learning curve about early Ford stuff :D

7. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Ill agree Its a 32 4 cylinder ,It will work with a v8 chevy motor ,Just have to convert to a pressurized system,Even though some guys say you don't .I believe you do ........

8. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

If you really want to get picky, the neck/radiator cap change occured after August 1932. Ford and two other companies made radiators.Good luck.